Staff Nurse,10 Months
Posting Date February 6, 2019 Position Title Staff Nurse,10 Months Vacancy # VC-1595 Department NJ School of Conservation Division Academic Affairs Job Description
Under the direction of a licensed physician the Staff Nurse wiII carry out medical orders and provide professional nursing care and treatment to clients, staff, and administration. They must possess the ability to apply principles and techniques of professional nursing. As well as, interpret state and local laws, rules; arid regulations and apply them to specific situations. Obtain Physician's orders and confirm local hospital and emergency transport availability. Prepare and maintain medical records. Ensure 1hc Infirmary is kept sanitary and all necessary medical supplies and equipment are in good condition. Provide excellent customer service and possess required licenses. The Staff Nurse reports to the Director, William Thomas, Ph.D.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Interpret state and local laws, rules and regulations and apply them to specific situations.
- Work with state and local officials to comply with all health codes, regulations and requirements.
- Cooperate in health inspections.
- Obtain Physician's orders and confirm local hospital and emergency transport availability.
- Annually get written Physician's orders and confirmation letter from participating providers.
Provide professional nursing care and treatment to clients, staff and administration.
- Dispense and record medications ordered and given.
- Administer and record prescribed medical treatments ordered and given.
- Administer first aid in cases of accident or illness and record.
- Prepare and maintain medical records.
- Complete medical log book documenting nursing interactions.
- Complete medication log book documenting medications ordered and dispensed.
Ensure tile Infirmary is kept sanitary and all necessary medical supplies and equipment are in good condition.
- Obtain, safeguard, and make proper use of and care for medical equipment, materials and supplies.
- Order and maintain inventory of necessary stock medications and first aid supplies.
- Work with staff to facilitate the sanitary condition of the Infirmary
- Check and monitor the AED's on campus to ensure they are functioning properly.
- Provide excellent professional customer service for clients, visitors, and staff.
- Demonstrate the ability to evaluate and assess situations in a way that will alleviate concerns of clients, visitors, and staff.
Keep administrators informed with current information.
- Immediately communicate with administration any information concerning medical events and emergencies.
- Continue to maintain, and submit to !he office within one week the information logs for each client.
Qualifications & Requirements
Performs other duties as assigned.
Management retains the right to add or change job duties at any time.
Registration as a Professional Nurse in the State of New Jersey
Professional level CPR Certification
Evening and Weekend availability as needed
*NOTE: This is a civil service position. After successfully serving a 4-Month Working Test Period as required by the State of New Jersey, you will then be certified to your position, meaning you will attain a permanent status in this title.
Salary Range: P17: $44,835.21 - $50,949.81
*NOTE: Salaries for internal candidates are determined by the New Jersey Civil Service Commission's formula. Salaries for external candidates are determined up to no more than $48,713.93.
(include vacancy # if above)
When creating your profile, you will need to combine your resume and cover letter into one single document (PDF or MS Word).