Senior Student Accounts Representative
Posting Date January 11, 2019 Position Title Senior Student Accounts Representative Vacancy # VC-414 Department Finance and Treasury Division Treasury And Finance Job Description
The Office of Student Accounts is looking for a full-time Cashier who enjoys working with the public and has a friendly, outgoing personality. As a team-oriented department, we seek an individual who can be flexible with work hours. The ideal candidate is dedicated to providing exceptional customer service and displays a positive attitude when interacting with customers and employees.
Additional responsibilities includes (not limited to):
• Process accounts payable/receivable transactions (by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers or automatic debit)
• Knowledge of cash management principles and/or procedures.
• Process a variety of in person transaction and services, this includes accepting payments for students and the University Community.
• Reconciles cash and other ledgers; maintains control records for various student fees, tuition deposits, credit card,payment plan and various other online payment gateways.
• Add journal entries to general ledger for various departmental deposits using People Soft and or Workday financial system.
• Ability to apply principles, federal and/or state laws and regulations.
• Prepares clear, technically sound, accurate, and informative reports containing findings, conclusions, and recommendations as it relates to reconciliation.
• Consults with the supervisor on a regular basis to discuss progress, identify problems, and effect resolutions.
• Works with accounting to settle all payment amounts recorded on the bank statement.
• Work with the Banner AR Veteran representative to post and reconcile all wire payments for student.
• Organizes individual clerical bookkeeping work such as processing returned checks, analyzes the particular problem, and develops a communication that is sent to students or departments informing them of the return.
• Index and reconcile International payments recorded on the bank statement; work closely with department managers.
• Supervises and personally maintains control accounts for designated funds such as the supply budget using the Procurement People Soft and or Workday system.
• Balance cash drawer at the end of each day; or multiple times in one day determined on the flow of traffic; tallying receipts, resolving discrepancies, and preparing and maintaining various records, reports and files of transaction data.
• Other work as assigned.
Graduation from an accredited college with a Bachelor's degree. Five (5) years of experience in customer service and work involving the keeping of varied types of records of a bookkeeping nature via a computerized spreadsheet. Security authorization to collect daily monies and reconcile cash receipts. Strong listening, problem analysis and solving skills; organizational abilities with an attention to detail when keeping varied types of records; adaptability to work alone or within a team; has stress tolerance and resilience when responding to challenging customers; can work in a fast-paced environment.
*NOTE: This is a civil service position. After successfully serving a 4-Month Working Test Period as required by the State of New Jersey, you will then be certified to your position, meaning you will attain a permanent status in this title. Salary Range: P16: $42,895.85-$60,350.09*NOTE: Salaries for internal candidates are determined by the New Jersey Civil Service Commission's formula. Salaries for external candidates are determined up to no more than $48,713.93. Send cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
*When creating your profile, you will need to combine your resume and cover letter into one single document (PDF or MS Word).*