Events Assistant (Front-of-House) - Part-Time
Position Title: Events Assistant (Front-of-House) - Part-Time
Salary: $12.00 per hour
Available for both daytime, evening, and weekend hours on our Rome and Utica campuses. Ability to work with diverse guests of all ages and a willingness to learn new assignments, excellent communication and the ability to solve problems quickly and courteously, an assertively friendly demeanor under stress, ability to stand for long periods and the ability to climb stairs, computer skills, mobile technology, Microsoft Office experience, and experience with Social Media required. High school diploma required.
The part-time, on-call Events Assistant (Front-of-House) position supports Events and Guest Services by modeling and demonstrating the highest standard of excellence in quality customer service, in event preparation and conclusion, to guests that host or attend events in the College’s performing arts venues or other facilities on the Rome and Utica Campuses. Assignments may include, but are not limited to, Box Office operations, concessions, ticket collection and scanning, ushering, handing out programs, crowd control, escorting patrons to seats, and after-event reporting.
- Models and demonstrates the highest levels of quality customer service in all interactions with guests, internal and external, and colleagues alike;
- Monitors physical surroundings in assigned area prior to, throughout, and at event’s end for safety, cleanliness, and functionality and cleans areas as necessary and notifies the Assistant Director of concerns;
- Provides accurate information to patrons regarding venue logistics (i.e. location of ticket office, restrooms, phones, concessions, coat check, etc.) as well as information about the event and the College;
- Understands and adhere to established Events and Guest Services as well as other College policies and procedures; and
- All other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director and other scheduling supervisors.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
MVCC does not discriminate. MVCC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. MVCC offers a comprehensive employee enrichment program. Official academic transcripts required upon hire.
Review Start Date: 1/28/2019
Review of applications will begin on the review start date and will continue until successful candidates have been identified.