Accessibility Resources - Accommodations Specialist - Part-Time
Position Title: Accessibility Resources - Accommodations Specialist - Part-Time
Salary: $17.00 per hour
Associate’s Degree in related field with demonstrated ability to work effectively with students. Demonstrated competence in Microsoft programs and document scanning processes required. Experience working with individuals with disabilities in a college setting and utilizing assistive technology for individuals with disabilities preferred.
The part-time Accessibility Resources - Accommodations Specialist executes the day to day functions of the Office of Accessibility Resources on the Rome Campus.
- Conducts intake for prospective students/updates for current students in need of accessibility accommodations, verifies appropriate documentation to determine specific needs and creates appropriate accommodation plan(s);
- Educates students about their specific disabilities and provides transitional services for first time
MVCC students as well as graduating students who plan to transfer or move into the workforce;
- Teaches students with disabilities self-advocacy and self-efficacy skills;
- Monitors the receipt and quality of classroom-generated notes;
- Schedules, prepares and administers accommodative testing, including but not limited to, converting tests electronically or other alternate accommodative testing format;
- Triages student needs and implements student communications;
- Assists faculty with accommodative testing;
- Assists with the mentoring student note-takers and interpreting staff;
- Documents, maintains, and reviews case records, notes and related information in electronic files; and
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Campus Services.
This is a 10-month position from August to May with June and July off.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
MVCC does not discriminate. MVCC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. MVCC offers a comprehensive employee enrichment program. Official academic transcripts required upon hire.
Review Start Date: 1/28/2019
Review of applications will begin on the review start date and will continue until successful candidates have been identified.