IT Business Systems Analyst
Posting InformationPosition Information Position Type Permanent Staff (EHRA NF) Department SOD Information Systems-430300 Working Title IT Business Systems Analyst Appointment Type EHRA Non-Faculty Position Posting Category Information Technology Salary Range Commensurate with qualifications and experience Full Time/Part Time? Full-Time Permanent Hours per Week 40 Vacancy ID NF0003523 Position ID 00005252 Posting Open Date 01/17/2019 Application Deadline Open Until Filled Yes Proposed Start Date 02/11/2019 Position Summary
This position is responsible for planning, designing, examining, analyzing, developing, implementing, administering and monitoring business and program processes and procedures. This position will serve as a liaison between the business and the technical teams to improve productivity, make process and procedure improvements and develop and deliver training and documentation. The position will advocate for School of Dentistry user populations and promote the acceptance of new processes and systems. The position will identify high level business and information system requirements and evaluate functionality and develop strategies. This position will negotiate resolution of conflicting requirements and will recommend business changes. This position will serve as a functional resource for technology development requests, including projects, enhancements, break/fix and related Office of Computing and Information Systems (OCIS) technology and service delivery areas. This position will monitor production ticket queues and project requests and make recommendations and adjustments to OCIS management to increase efficiency and improve customer satisfaction.Educational Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information
Systems, Computer Engineering, math, or Engineering or related technical degree from an appropriately accredited institution; or
Bachelor’s degree and some computer coursework from an appropriately accredited institution and one year of experience in business application consulting or development; or
Associate’s degree in Computer Programming and one year of experience in application consulting or development; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Journey level requires an additional one year of experience.
Advanced level requires an additional two years of experience.Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in a position related to information technology and 5 years’ experience in business analysis or a related field
- 5+ years’ experience in technology development or technology deployment
- Desired certifications PMP, ITIL v3 Foundations, PBA, ECBA, CCBA, CBAP
- Experience with SharePoint, SQL, PHP, HTML5, IIS, Tablau, Microsoft BI, Tibco, Service Now and Remedy
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Advanced technical skills and excellent documentation skills
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations
- Competency in Office 365 applications especially Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams and OneDrive
- Demonstrated planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Demonstrated experience supporting successful projects
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.Special Instructions Quick Link http://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/154344 Department Contact Information Department Contact Name and Title David Rankin, Assistant Dean for IT Department Contact Telephone or Email [email protected] Office of Human Resources Contact Information
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (919) 843-2300 or send an email to [email protected]
Please note: The Office of Human Resources will not be able to provide specific updates regarding position or application status.
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select the response below that best describes your experience/education for the Business & Technology Applications Specialist - Journey position.
- Doctorate degree in computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Math, or Engineering or related technical degree from an appropriately accredited institution.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Math, or Engineering or related technical degree from an appropriately accredited institution and one year of experience in business application consulting or develop
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Math or Engineering, or related technical degree from an appropriately accredited institution and three years of related experience.
- Bachelor's degree and some computer coursework from an appropriately accredited institution and four years of experience in business application consulting or development.
- Associate's degree in Computer Programming and four years of experience in application consulting or development
- A combination of post high school education and related experience to equal seven years.
- Non of the above
- * How many years of experience do you have in information technology or business analysis?
- * How many years of experience do you have in technology development or deployment?
- * Are you proficient in any of the below technologies? If so, please specify.SQL, PHP, HTML5, IIS, Tableau, Microsoft BI, Tibco)
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you possess any of the below professional certifications? If so, please specify.(PMP, ITIL, PBA, ECBA, CCBA, OR CBAP)
(Open Ended Question)