Duties: A dedicated Instructional Designer (ID) in the Academic Programs Office will support the translation of the subject expertise of faculty to educational technology platforms for effective educational outcomes. The ID will play a critical role by providing both pedagogy and technology expertise support to faculty. The position will focus on both how faculty are teaching and how students are learning. The ID will support the development, delivery, evaluation, and maintenance of high-quality courses. The ID will work with individual faculty members to create effective strategies in online pedagogy, including 1) use of educational technology tools within the learning management system, rich media, assessment systems, real-time platforms, and related systems; 2) design of learning objectives that lead to analysis, synthesis, and evaluation; and 3) creation of appropriately rigorous learning resources, activities, and assessments.
Qualifications: Qualifications: Required
* Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
* Minimum three years of progressively responsible experience in course design and development, instructional technology support for academia, or a related training capacity.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with instructors to develop solutions that meet learning objectives.
* Substantial working knowledge of educational technology tools for interaction and assessment within a learning management system.
* Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a service-oriented, supportive environment, as well as manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
* Excellent attention to detail and skills in communication, customer service, presentation design and delivery, and data collection and analysis.
* One or more years of experience working within Instructure Canvas LMS.
* Master's degree or professional development certificate; recent coursework in instructional design or technology.
* Background in a health-related field.
* Experience with digital video production for Web
Reference Number: 40-30818
Salary Grade: 027
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: SM-ED-Vice Dean Education
Job Family: H-Human Resources