Hosted Systems Administrator
Posting InformationPosition Information Position Type Permanent Staff (EHRA NF) Department ITS - IT Infrastructure-605000 Working Title Hosted Systems Administrator Appointment Type EHRA Non-Faculty Position Posting Category Information Technology Salary Range $68,000 to $72,000 Full Time/Part Time? Full-Time Permanent Hours per Week 40 Vacancy ID NF0003509 Position ID 00034314 Posting Open Date 01/15/2019 Application Deadline 01/28/2019 Open Until Filled No Proposed Start Date 02/25/2019 Position Summary
This Systems Administrator is one of the admins for the UNC Hosting Service which manages over 775 virtual and physical servers for departments across UNC. The position maintains, updates, and improves all existing hosting service infrastructure and works directly with campus IT customers. This position also acts as back up admin for UNC storage and backup services. A qualified candidate understands Windows server OS, Active Directory, Group policy, and Security.Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or closely related degree from an appropriately accredited institution; and one year of experience in operations analysis and design systems programming or closely related area; or
- Associate’s degree in Computer Information Technology, Computer Engineering Technology or Networking Technology from an appropriately accredited institution and two years of experience in operations analysis and design, systems programming or closely related area; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Journey level requires an additional one year of education or experience.
Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
The following experience is required:
-Experience with Windows Server OS, and Active Directory
-Ability to collaborate effectively with a team
-Excellent written and oral communication skills
-Prior experience in a higher education IT environment
The following experience is preferred:
-Understand complex IT environments and dependencies – operating system management, networking knowledge, hardware patching, software patching
-Ability to write scripts to automate repetitive tasks
-Experience with VMware or HyperV
-Prior experience in a large IT environment
-Experience with user and departmental data migrations
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.Special Instructions Quick Link http://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/154317 Department Contact Information Department Contact Name and Title Department Contact Telephone or Email Office of Human Resources Contact Information
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (919) 843-2300 or send an email to [email protected]
Please note: The Office of Human Resources will not be able to provide specific updates regarding position or application status.
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select the response below that best describes your experience/education for the Systems Programmer/Analyst- Journey position:
- Master’s or Doctorate degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Math,or closely related technical degree from an appropriately accredited institution; or
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering,or closely related technical degree from an appropriately accredited institution and two years of experience in operations analysis and design systems programming or
- Associate's degree in Computer Information Technology, Computer Engineering Technology, Networking Technology from an appropriately accredited institution and three years of experience in operations analysis and design, systems programming or closely rela
- A combination of post high school education and/or related experience equal six years; or
- None of the above.
- * Do you have prior experience working with Windows Server OS and Active Directory?
- * Do you have prior experience working with OS patching and configuration software like SCCM?
- * Do you have prior experience using PowerShell?
- * Do you have prior experience migrating departmental data?