Adjunct Instructor - Sustainability
In keeping with our mission and vision statement, Maryville actively seeks adjunct faculty members who are experts in their fields and have a passion for teaching. Adjunct faculty are an integral part of the University’s learning community and teach courses online or on campus.
The College of Arts and Sciences is accepting applications for an academically/professionally qualified adjunct faculty member to teach (lecture and labs) undergraduate courses in Sustainability and Ecology.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
• Teach assigned course as specified in the schedule and course contract.
• Participate in welcome orientation to become familiar with the University’s mission, academic policies and procedures, expectations, and Canvas (Learning Management System).
• Prepare essential learning objectives, lesson plans, and assignments; Develop course syllabus.
• Clearly communicate course objectives and learning outcomes, teaching methodology, and assignments and deadlines.
• Employ a variety of teaching styles in order to effectively deliver course content demonstrating both academic and real-world applications of concepts covered.
• Encourage active learning through discussion topics, class assignments, group projects, etc.
• Provide feedback and grade assignments in a timely and thorough manner.
• Establish office hours to provide additional assistance with student questions/concerns.
• Report early alerts for students who are not actively engaging in the course.
• Additional duties as assigned.
Master’s degree in Biology, Sustainability, Environmental Sciences or related field from a regionally accredited institution.Preferred Qualifications
Doctorate in Biology, Sustainability, Environmental Sciences or related field from a regionally accredited institution.
Teaching experience and relevant experience in the field.
The Department is using this position announcement to build a qualified pool of instructors to fulfill teaching needs targeted for Fall 2019 or as needed in the future.
Graduate transcripts are required to complete the application. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for application purposes.
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.Quicklink http://jobs.maryville.edu/postings/2299 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Maryville website
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch
- INSIGHT Into Diversity
- Inside Higher Ed
- Diversity Awareness Partnership
- Personal referral
- If you answered "Other" please elaborate on where you learned of this opening:
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a minimum of a Master's degree in Biology, Sustainability, Environmental Sciences or a related field from an accredited university?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Transcript 1
- Transcript 2
- Transcript 3
- Transcript 4