Dean of The Eugene M. and Christine E. Lynn College of Communication and Design
Lynn University is an independent, innovative college based in warm, sunny Boca Raton, Florida. We're consistently recognized by The Chronicle of Higher Education as a "Great College to Work For" in such areas as compensation and benefits; work/life balance; job satisfaction; and respect and appreciation.
Our nearly 3,000 students hail from approximately 100 countries and nearly all 50 states, making Lynn one of the top five most international schools for our size. Our campus is a melting pot of cultures and beliefs, and we pride ourselves on our ability to embrace new ideas.
As a Lynn employee, you'll be free to think differently. You'll enjoy on-campus events and workshops that aim to reduce stress and celebrate community. And most importantly, you'll be doing your part to build a better future.
Lynn University invites inquiries and applications for the position of Dean of the Eugene M. and Christine E. Lynn College of Communication and Design.
About the College
The Eugene M. and Christine E. Lynn College of Communication and Design provides students an opportunity to acquire the knowledge, skills and experience necessary to build successful communication and design careers in the global media marketplace. The college is committed to offering professional and academic programs in communication that provide "hands-on" educational opportunities across a broad array of disciplines that include film and television production; journalism, advertising, social media, and public relations; and digital art and design, including the study of photography, computer animation, visual effects, as well as graphic and web design. The college's innovative approach to collaborative education enables students to participate in integrated learning projects that simulate industries and promote transition to professional positions.
This is an exciting time for the Lynn College of Communication and Design. With an established record of preparing students for dynamic careers in various communication fields, the college recently added several programs in animation, design, and media. These programs allow students to study computer animation, graphic and web design, visual effects animation, and web design and technology. State-of-the-art digital facilities house broadcast and cinema production and post-production centers, as well as digital art and design labs with 3D printing, motion capture animation and virtual reality studios. With current A.A., A.S., B.A., B.S., BFA, M.S., and MFA programs, the college is nimble and responsive to the ever-changing marketplace and is able to attract traditional and non-traditional learners who seek career-building or graduate school preparation.
About the Position
The Dean of the Lynn College of Communication and Design is the principal academic and strategic leader of the college and provides visionary leadership in a vibrant and dynamic environment, overseeing a community that is collaborative, engaged, and inclusive. The Dean plays a crucial role in creating and sustaining a vision for programs in communication and digital media and design. The successful candidate is expected to strengthen existing partnerships both internally and externally, and will capitalize on the college's strengths to build new opportunities across programs.The Dean will build upon current institutional momentum and achievements in enrollment growth, retention, graduation, program development, and community engagement. The Dean will also provide leadership for faculty and staff marked by community building, and will engage enthusiastically with colleagues, students, and the public. Direct oversight of an Associate Dean; an Assistant Dean; and Academic Program Coordinators and Chairs is required. The Dean reports to the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- A terminal degree from an accredited university in one or more of the disciplinary areas of the College of Communication and Design or an advanced degree from an accredited university combined with equivalent professional experience; and
- Experience as an academic administrator at the level of director, assistant/associate dean, or dean;
- Experience working with academic budgets and revenue sources and demonstrated ability in consensus building, strategic planning, and implementation of related initiatives. Demonstrated understanding of the artistic, cultural, and intellectual forces that are re-shaping communication and design in the 21st century;
- Effectively coordinates program review and development;
- Ability to coordinate college assessment activities to ensure they are productive and effective;
- Effectively communicates vision, ideas and plans, orally and in writing; and Has demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead a diverse team of faculty, artists, and professional staff in a dynamic and increasingly complex environment;
- Demonstrated (or ability to demonstrate) appreciation for and support of a range of visual artistic expression, from the traditional to the highly technological;
- Demonstrated evidence of creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship;
- Experience in creating innovative partnerships and initiatives which enhance the visibility of the College;
- Effectively fosters faculty mentoring, supervision, evaluation and professional development;
- Ability to balance the arts, sciences, and professional schools at a private, comprehensive, residential institution;
Lynn University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy or parenting status, veteran status, retirement status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431; via email at [email protected]; by phone at +1 561-237-7727 or to the U.S. Dept. of Education OCR.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the SACSCOC at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2016 Lynn University 08/16.Americans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7639.The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at lynn.edu/securityreportFor your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.