Clinical Trials Business Systems Analyst
Posting InformationPosition Information Position Type Permanent Staff (EHRA NF) Department Clinical Trials-621200 Working Title Clinical Trials Business Systems Analyst Appointment Type EHRA Non-Faculty Position Posting Category Information Technology Salary Range Commensurate with Experience Full Time/Part Time? Full-Time Permanent Hours per Week 40 Vacancy ID NF0002965 Position ID 20026463 Posting Open Date Application Deadline Open Until Filled Yes Proposed Start Date 06/01/2018 Position Summary
The clinical trials business analyst will participate in the campus wide implementation of Oncore and continue to serve as the organizational representative to Forte and the Oncore community. The analyst will help to define and document business and user requirements by working with subject matter experts and complete workflow decisions, documentation and supporting policies. The analyst will help to develop reports, implement metrics and articulate to functional area experts how the upgrades to Oncore may affect current policies and procedures. The analyst will analyze data and manage institutional reporting needs in relation to Oncore.
This position includes the implementation of new systems and interfaces, as well as upgrades and enhancements to the system. The analyst performs highly complex analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirement specifications, which is critical to the productivity, efficiency and overall effectiveness of the entire Office of Clinical Trials.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, math, or Engineering or related technical degree from an appropriately accredited
Bachelor’s degree and some computer coursework from an appropriately accredited institution and one year of experience in business application consulting or development; or
Associate’s degree in Computer Programming and one year of experience in application consulting or development; or an equivalent combination of education and experience and one additional year of experience.Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate should have demonstrated knowledge of ICH Good Clinical Practice guidelines as well as FDA regulations and guidance’s related to the conduct of research with human subjects and drugs, devices and/or biologics and possess strong technical skills and interest in the software implementation process.
This position requires close attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills. The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with investigators and research staff is paramount given the sensitive nature of the work. The successful candidate will also have experience with monitoring and/or auditing of clinical trials.Equal Opportunity Employer
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.Special Instructions
The department would like to recruit for two vacancies within this position for the following position numbers:
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (919) 843-2300 or send an email to [email protected]
Please note: The Office of Human Resources will not be able to provide specific updates regarding position or application status.
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume
- List of References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select the response below that best describes your experience/education for the Business & Technology Applications Analyst-Journey position.
- Master’s or Doctorate degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Math, or Engineering or related technical degree from an appropriately accredited institution.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Math, or Engineering or related technical degree from an appropriately accredited institution and one year of related experience
- Bachelor's degree and some computer coursework from an appropriately accredited institution and two years of experience in business application consulting or development.
- Associate's degree in Computer Programming and two years of experience in application consulting or development.
- A combination of post high school education and related experience to equal six years (e.g. 1 year toward degree and 5 years of related experience)
- None of the above.