Postdoctoral T32 - CNDD
Posting InformationPosition Information Position Title Postdoctoral T32 - CNDD Vacancy ID PDS001030 Department SOP-CNDD - 452401 Position Type Postdoctoral Scholar Posting Details Salary Range Full-time/Part-time Full Time If part-time, hours per week FTE 1.0 Proposed Start Date Estimated Duration of Appointment 24 Months Posting Open Date 07/29/2015 Posting Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Work Location Chapel Hill, NC Position Summary
This is a 24-36-month mentored postdoctoral training program that is offered at The University of North Carolina Chapel Hill (UNC Chapel Hill) with focus area of research on cancer nanotechnology. This program includes 22 faculty members representing eleven departments in three Schools, including physical, and material scientists, biomedical engineers, basic biomedical scientists, pharmaceutical scientists, and clinician-scientists, all of whom have demonstrated strong interests and capabilities to work at the interface between nanoscience and cancer. These individuals will serve as mentors to trainees, utilizing two broad approaches. The first approach involves active co-mentorship of the trainee’s research project over a period of two years. In each case there will be a physical scientist and a biomedical scientist acting in tandem to guide trainee research. It is expected that this approach will provide unique multi-faceted training experience leading to significant contributions to cancer nanotechnology. The second approach involves trainee participation in workshops and courses that will broaden their knowledge and conceptual understanding of all areas of cancer nanotechnology. The topics of these workshops will reflect many of the major themes of the Alliance for Nanotechnology in Cancer. In addition to activities focused on postdoctoral researchers, the C-CNTP will also embark on a broadly based outreach program to disseminate concepts concerning cancer nanotechnology both within the university community and to the public at large.Educational Requirements
Postdoctoral trainee will have completed highly relevant doctoral training in medical, pharmacy, chemistry, biomedical sciences or related area and was awarded Ph.D., M.D. or M.D./Ph.D.Qualifications and Experience
- Full understanding of framing research question, research design and methods, and project implementation.
- Demonstrated proficiency in scientific/manuscript writing, grant writing, poster and oral presentations.
- Preferred candidates will have strong publication record and demonstrated experience in research study design and project implementation.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.Special Instructions
For information on UNC Postdoctoral Benefits and Services click here
- This NCI sponsored postdoctoral training program and all applicants must be either US citizens, noncitizen nationals or permanent residents with evidence of superior academic performance, previous research or clinical experience and publications.
- Apply online at,https://unc.peopleadmin.com/hr/postings/80991 and submit a cover letter, CV, one-page statement of personal interests, career goals and clinical experience (if any) attached as a PDF under Research Statement, and at least two very strong letters of recommendation from a mentor and other professionals who know your work and your research interests attached as a PDF under Other Document.
- Internal UNC applicants, to obtain an application and apply, contact Kirsten Leysieffer at 919-843-6144.
- Additional information about the Carolina Cancer Nanotechnology T32 Postdoctoral Training Program can be found at, https://pharmacy.unc.edu/academics/fellowships/.
The minimum number of references required are 2 with a maximum of 2 reference letters attached as a PDF under Other Document.Quick Link http://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/80991 Special Physical and Mental Requirements Posting Contact Information Department Contact Name and Title Mac T. Balatico, HR Consultant Department Contact Telephone or Email 919-843-8121 Postdoctoral Affairs Contact Information
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the University’s Equal Employment Opportunity office at (919) 966-3576 or send an email to [email protected]
Please note: The Equal Employment Opportunity office will not be able to provide specific updates regarding position or application status.Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Research Statement
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).