Data Operations Specialist
Data Operations SpecialistTracking Code554-662 Job Description
DATA OPERATIONS SPECIALIST
REPORTS TO: Director of Admissions Operations and Systems
LOCATION: Appleton, WI
Under the direction of the Director of Admissions Operations and Systems, the Data Operations Specialist will support data management and contribute to the university goal of continually selecting bright, talented, and diverse students for admission who are most likely to thrive and succeed at Lawrence University.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process the mapping and regular importing of data from internal and external admissions partners.
- Facilitate the data transfer process between the admissions Constituent Relationship Management system (CRM), Technolutions Slate, and the University’s enterprise planning system (EPS), Ellucian Banner.
- Provide administrative data support to other members of the admissions team.
- Maintain, audit, and correct application and recruitment data through the use of admissions reports, batch processes, and other data management best practices.
- Assist in the assembling of letter and decision packaging for all applicants.
- Scan and process incoming hard copy application related credentials.
- Plan, schedule, and manage various admissions and recruitment related projects that are deadline driven.
- Supplemental service support for prospective students and families.
- Use data analytics to solve problems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITIES:
- Experience in data support working with multiple systems.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with an emphasis on scheduling and monitoring, as well as team member task assignment and follow up.
- Demonstrated understanding, commitment, and support for diversity, inclusion, and accessibility in student recruitment.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and attention to detail.
- Desire to learn why we do what we do and how we can improve.
- Solution-oriented with strong logic, problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills.
- Ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects at once with limited supervision.
- Experience in a college/university admissions office preferred.
- Experience in Slate and Banner systems preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with full facility in Excel.
- Positive attitude to contribute to a fun-loving, fast-moving environment.
- Motivation to support colleagues and collaborate on a team.
- Intrinsic motivation to accomplish tasks and a desire for consistent quality improvement of work.
- Cover Letter
- Must have successful completion of criminal record check and reference checks.
Lawrence University is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff, and the diversity of viewpoints and approaches that they represent. Candidates are encouraged to read more about Lawrence at https://lawrencecareers.silkroad.com/lawrenceuniversity/About_Us.html and to address in their letters of application the ways in which they could contribute to Lawrence’s institutional mission and goals. This website also includes informational resources about the University and the surrounding community.Job Location Appleton, Wisconsin, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular