Nursing Faculty, Doctor of Nursing Practice, School of Nursing
Nursing Faculty, Doctor of Nursing Practice, School of NursingPOSITION SUMMARY
The Indiana Wesleyan University (IWU) School of Nursing (SON) invites applications from doctorally prepared candidates for a full-time faculty position with primary teaching responsibilities in the Division of Doctoral Nursing Programs (DNP). Well-qualified candidates will demonstrate a commitment to teaching and practice, participate in oversight of curriculum, and exemplify excellence in teaching, service and scholarship.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Reports to the Dean of the Division of Doctoral Nursing Programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Full-Time teaching within the Division of Doctoral Programs, online with some onsite teaching. Participate with DNP faculty in planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating DNP program and curriculum. Develop and implement online course work. Participate in DNP Scholarly Project development and serve as advisor/chair to DNP Scholarly Projects.Assist in screening of DNP program applicants. Participate in DNP, SON and IWU committees and councils as assigned. Supervise and evaluate student progress and ensure a positive and a favorable learning environment to support student success and retention.Advance the DNP role through scholarly pursuits.Participate in and lead global academic trips for DNP students.Additional responsibilities include mentoring and evaluation of students and adjunct faculty as needed.
According to Indiana Wesleyan University’s employment policy, all employees must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the standards outlined in the IWU Community Lifestyle Statement.Education:
- Doctoral degree in nursing related field required, additional NP certification preferred.Faculty must maintain an active unencumbered, RN license in their state of residence. (Indiana, Ohio and Kentucky are desirable).
- Experience teaching at the graduate level with duties for course design and implementation. Two or more years of experience preferred. Online teaching experience. Demonstrated teaching excellence.Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures. Demonstrated communication, writing, and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated knowledge of principles, methods, and current developments in the field of nursing, including the ability to document expertise in area(s) of teaching responsibility and knowledge of the content delivery method.
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse certificationExperience leading and working interprofessionally
- Use of technology necessary to teach online, use the Learning Management System, and attend distance meetings. High speed internet mandatoryAbility to travel internationallyAbility to communicate and problem-solve professionally while maintaining confidentiality of vital information.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Indiana Wesleyan University is an Equal Opportunity Employer