Application Developer Lead
DescriptionJob Purpose: Consult with users to identify and specify requirements for software applications and technical solutions in support of complex processes and business needs. Lead and perform advanced level system analysis, definition and design activities of a complex nature. Lead in maintenance of existing applications.Major Responsibilities:
- Analyze user requirements, determine technical level of effort estimates, prepare technical design and specifications.
- Recommend alternation solutions as appropriate.
- Develop, test and implement technical solutions. Prepare application test plans and conduct unit, integration and system testing.
- Analyze, modify and maintain existing applications.
- Prepare technical, operational and user related documentation in support of applications.
- Provide technical support to functional users, determining and solving systems and programming issues. Coordinate communications with vendors when appropriate for problem resolution
- Participate in conducting informal and formal end user training.
- Participate in development of standards and guidelines. Ensure compliance of all standards and guidelines.
- Monitor project scheduling and all project tracking control systems. Advise and assist other analysts in area of specialized knowledge, test and review work of others.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work Experience: Six to eight years job related experience.
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires advanced expertise in application of query language, web development tools, procedural development tools, relational databases, structured programming and understanding of the software development life cycle. Also required are skills in providing technical work direction.
- Preferred Education: N/A
- Preferred Experience:
- Experience in leading projects with minimum 3-5 developers for 3+ years.
- Experience in building Architectural components using java technology.
- Experience in RESTful services - Spring annotation based controllers.
- Experience in new margining technologies like AWS, Big Data
- Preferred Certifications: N/A
- Preferred Skills:
- Highly motivated and able to work in a small team environment.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Independently handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Preferred knowledge of the following:
- Java (JDK 1.6 or higher), J2EE
- JSP, JSP EL and JSTL
- Relational Databases (prefer Oracle) and SQL.
- Spring 3.x, 4.x
- Spring Core (dependency injection)
- Spring MVC – annotation based controllers
- ORM tools - JPA 2.x OR Hibernate OR ActiveJDBC
- HTML and HTTP protocol.
- UI Frameworks – AngularJS (knowledge of KendoUI is a plus)
- Basic CSS (knowledge of Bootstrap is preferred)
- AJAX and JSON
- XML parsing
- Object Oriented Design, Analysis and Programming.
- Agile Development Methodologies (knowledge of JIRA is preferred)
- Web application server (prefer Tomcat).
- Windows and UNIX OS (from a user point of view).
- Use of source control system like Subversion and working in a team development environment
- Basic UML: Class, Sequence, Deployment and Use Case Diagrams.
- Writing design documents, and technical documentations.
- Build tools (Maven)
- Integrated Development Environment (prefer Eclipse or NetBeans).
- Use of open source products/tools
- Systems and job environment will house specific software applications and operating systems that are associated with additional specific skills that are preferred include:
- Workflow framework (BPMN 2.0) – prefer Activiti Workflow Engine
- FreeMarker or Velocity
- RESTful services - Spring annotation based controllers or JAX-RS
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: Georgia-Atlanta
Organization: Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI)
Job Posting: Jan 7, 2019, 3:49:06 PM