Adjunct Automotive Instructors
Delaware County Community College is searching for adjunct instructors to teach Automotive Technology day or evening classes at the Marple campus in Media, PA.
Instruct various aspects of Automotive Technology to college-level Automotive Certificate students. Plan, prepare, implement, monitor, and evaluate a quality competency-based Automotive Program in accordance with the Colleges approved Master Course Outline, which leads to the development of student skills sufficient to qualify for employment using effective instruction with all students.
There is also a need for Pennsylvania State Inspection and Emission Certification instructors.
Teach both theory and performance tasks in one or more of the following automotive areas of study:
Manual Drive Train and Axles
Suspension and Steering
- Prepare and execute lessons designed to teach College competencies and learning goals
- Submit Syllabus for the class prior to the start of the class.
- Maintain accurate student records
- Identify supplies needed for the program
- Take part in the College's Assessment process in Canvas as needed
- Work with other instructors, support staff and administrators on the completion and retention of students.
- Participate in College professional development activities
- There is also a need for Pennsylvania State Inspection and Emission Certification instructors.
The ideal candidate must have: -
- Minimum five (5) years' experience as an Automotive Technician
- Knowledge of and skills in using effective instructional/training strategies and practices.
- Extensive knowledge of the Automotive Trades.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of students.
- Knowledge of and skills in implementing various formative and summative assessments.
- Skills in effective planning and implementation of lessons based upon individual student needs.
- Skills in managing and promoting positive student behavior.
- Skills in data analysis to assess, monitor, and inform instruction for student growth.
- Ability to operate a computer and the skills to learn and utilize software and other technology in instruction.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
DCCC is an equal opportunity employer.