Vice President, Enrollment Management
The vice president for enrollment management reports to the president and serves as a member of the president's executive committee. The position works closely with the other vice presidents and the deans of the various schools to identify, explore, evaluate and coordinate enrollment and other student access and success initiatives. As the chief enrollment management officer, the position has primary responsibility for leadership, management, strategic direction and administrative oversight for enhancing student access and enrollment services, including the main campus in Victoria and the teaching center in Katy. The vice president participates in planning, budgeting, and policy development in support of the mission and goals of the university. The vice president for enrollment management will oversee the offices of undergraduate recruitment and admissions, graduate admissions, international admissions, enrollment processing and operations, and financial aid. They will also collaborate closely with academic units and coordinators of graduate programs, the registrar, the International Program Office, student affairs, and staff in Marketing and Communications.
- Leads a highly productive enrollment management unit, including overseeing the recruitment, management, training, retention, and evaluation of highly qualified professional and support staff.
- Collaborates with the president, other cabinet members, deans, faculty, students and others.
- Develops and implements a university strategic enrollment plan; fosters strong relationships with on and off campus constituents to enhance student outreach, enrollment, retention and graduation.
- Manages complex operations and financial budgets of the division; provides leadership and management to the financial team to ensure compliance with federal, state and university policies, particularly as it relates to financial aid.
- Oversees the implementation and upgrades of compliance with the student information system.
- Works with the divisions of Student Affairs and University College to foster the university's commitment to student access and success by actively building a strong sense of community, and promotes engagement in the life of the university.
- Works with the division of Student Affairs and University College to help create an environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, and support for the university's diverse student body and provides leadership and direction in the administration of a comprehensive range of services, policies and procedures.
- Consistently ensures the delivery of quality and responsive programs and services through effective assessment of outcomes of enrollment management programs.
- Works with Marketing and Communications to support the president in establishing priorities and setting the agenda by developing action plans, communicating the president’s agenda as needed, and gathering relevant information and formulating insight on key issues.
- Works cooperatively with Marketing and Communications to increase student enrollment through strategic marketing and branding.
- Monitors the progress of a wide range of programs and strategic initiatives and keeps the president and vice president/provost apprised of their status.
- Participates as a member of the senior administration by serving on various councils and committees and serves as a liaison to various internal and external groups including UH system.
- Direct Reports: Full-time employees including the director of admissions and student recruitment, the director of financial aid, the senior director of enrollment management and student affairs in Katy, and the functional applications lead.
- Supervision Given: Makes final decision on evaluating employee performance; hiring new employees; disciplinary actions; makes final decision on scheduling employee work hours; makes final decision on employee coaching and counseling; training; provides recommendations on handling employee grievances and complaints; and makes final decision on granting time off
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge: Knowledge of enrollment management trends and best practices.
- Skills: Excellent communication skills, including the ability to effectively listen to all points of view, build consensus, and inform others of policies and plans.
- Abilities: Ability to use data and analytics to identify leading indicators of student enrollment, retention, and success and competence in utilizing data driven strategies at the institutional, division and unit levels to evaluate and assess learning programs and services, focusing on improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a large and complex organization and budget.
WORK LOCATION AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Primary Work Location: Works in an office environment located in Victoria Texas with significant travel to the teaching center in Katy.
- Physical Demands: Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment, which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements.
- Position is physically comfortable; individual has discretion about sitting (80%) walking (10%), standing (10%), etc.
- Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risks.
- Required Education: Master's degree
- Considerable experience in data-driven enrollment operations that result in sustained growth in enrollment, diversity, academic quality, and increased retention and graduation rates.
- Experience with enrollment management software and consumer relationship management systems.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of increasingly responsible administrative experience in enrollment and/or student affairs related roles in higher education.
- Demonstrated success in collaborating with all levels of the institution, including experience developing joint student affairs and academic affairs programs and initiatives to advance a culture of student-centered service.
- Strong commitment to public higher education and a demonstrated commitment to diversity.
- Experience working effectively with academic shared governance.
- License/Certification: None Required
- Doctoral degree preferred
- Experience working with PeopleSoft Student Enterprise System
- State or national visibility
- Experience working in community college partnerships
- Track record of K-12 collaborations/engagements
- Knowledge and understanding of Education Advisory Board's (EAB) Predictive Analytics
- Experience with universities that specialize in diverse student populations, such as Hispanic and minority serving institutions
- Review of applications will begin on March 4th and the position will remain open until filled.
Salary: $120,000 - 125,000/annually and negotiable dependent upon education and experience.