Workforce Non-credit Instructor/Trainer(s)
Category:: Faculty Positions
Department:: Center for Corporate and Professional Education (CCAPE)
Locations:: West Barnstable, MA
Posted:: Oct 31, 2018
Closes:: Feb 28, 2019 - 11:59 PM EST
About Cape Cod Community College:
Cape Cod Community College is a place of personal discovery, enrichment, and professional development for those just beginning the quest and for those at many points along the path of higher education throughout life. It is a caring, comprehensive institution that belongs to the people it serves and responds to their individual and community needs. Students attending Cape Cod Community College are striving for personal excellence, and are finding it, day after day. Graduates of the College can be found in all levels of private business, the professions, and public service, and they excel at what they do.
For students seeking to lay a foundation for further study, there is no better place to begin than at Cape Cod Community College. In today's highly competitive market place, the well prepared transfer student is the most aggressively recruited person in higher education. For many Cape Cod Community College graduates, that Associate Degree opens the door to institutions that were just not an option after high school. And, when you consider the savings in the overall cost of a four-year degree at either a public or a private university, starting at Cape Cod Community College becomes an incredible bargain that blends quality with unmatched value.
The students' education is the first priority at Cape Cod Community College. As a learning-centered community, we value the contributions of a diverse population, welcome open inquiry, and promote mutual respect. The College offers a strong educational foundation of critical and creative thinking, communication competency, and a global, multicultural perspective that prepares students for life and work in the 21st century. Our liberal arts, sciences, and career programs provide educational pathways that serve the varied social, economic, and demographic characteristics of our community with a distinctive focus on sustainability. We honor our past, celebrate our present and imagine our future.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Our instructors/trainers are experienced educators with in-depth knowledge in their subject matter field. They are deeply committed to delivering stellar customer service, exhibiting strong organizational skills, and presenting a positive attitude. CCAPE's clients/students trust our instructors/trainers with sensitive information, and our trainers have the highest level of integrity in all client interactions, respecting their organizational cultures and climates. Our training opportunities are contract-based, and trainers may be contracted for multiple overlapping training projects. Most training is delivered on weekdays, during normal work hours, on site at the client facility.
Many of our instructors/trainers have more than one area of subject expertise. While we are interested in adding new topics and areas of expertise, our current portfolio includes specialties in foundational skills, process improvement, sales & customer service, leadership & management, and office technologies, including the following topics:
- Foundational Skills: Communication, Problem Solving, Inter-cultural Awareness, Time Management, Basic Computer
- Process Improvement: Productivity Strategies, and /or Lean/Six Sigma, ISO
- Sales & Customer Service: Customer Experience, Consultative Sales, Customer Centric
- Leadership & Management: Supervisory, Executive Education, Coaching, Project Management/Agile/Scrum, Human Resource Topics
- Office Technologies: MS Office Suite, MS Project, Google Suite, Technology Tools for Productivity
- Technical/Industry Specific Training: Engineers and industry professionals with machining, advanced manufacturing, aviation maintenance, sheet metal fabrication, welding, ServSafe/TIPS, OSHA, CPR experience.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Serve as a training representative of CCAPE under the direction of CCAPE team; promotes CCAPE training portfolio and services; directs leads back to CCAPE.
- Provide regular status updates and feedback on training project implementation; refers questions and issues promptly to CCAPE team.
- Consult with clients in collaboration with CCAPE team to:
- Conduct assessment to identify areas of training needs.
- Design effective training programs.
- Prepare educational material to client specifications.
- Conduct seminars, workshops, individual training sessions etc.
- Keep attendance and other records; returns all materials and records in a timely fashion to CCAPE team.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Appropriate experience and/or training and licensure, when applicable.
- Proven experience as a corporate trainer, consultant, coach/mentor and familiarity with organizational development principles and adult learning theory.
- Understanding of effective teaching methodologies and tools.
- Willingness to embrace and adopt new learning technologies and techniques.
- Demonstrated commitment to remaining current in emerging trends, topics and new research in subject matter area(s) of expertise.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Phenomenal communication, presentation and public speaking skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master's degree.
- Industry specific certification a plus or an equivalent combination of experience, certification, and training.
COMPENSATION: Contract/project-based part-time position: non-benefited. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 28, 2019
Please visit our website at www.capecod.edu for information on Cape Cod Community College.
This appointment is subject to the FY2019 budget appropriations.
Appointment subject to SORI (Sex Offender Registry Information), publicly-accessible Massachusetts CORI (Criminal Offender Record Information) and national background checks.
Cape Cod Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statues and College policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action/Title IX Coordinator, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
**ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS MUST BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED.**
Begin the online application process by going to the APPLY NOW link. During the process you will be given the opportunity to submit a cover letter, which should specifically address the minimum and preferred qualifications, and a resume. Failure to submit requested documents may result in disqualification. Please note that candidates invited to interview for the position will be asked to provide three current professional letters of reference and transcripts.
Returning Applicants - Login to your Cape Cod Community College Careers Account to check your completed application.