Director of Admission - Year-round, full-time, non-unit professional position
Director of Admission - Year-round, full-time, non-unit professional position
About Greenfield Community College:
INTERNAL CANDIDATES ARE URGED TO AVOID USING THEIR COLLEGE EMAIL ADDRESS WHEN APPLYING FOR OTHER GCC POSITIONS.
Greenfield Community College is located in the beautiful and historic Pioneer Valley of western Massachusetts, between the foothills of the Berkshire Mountains and the fertile farmland of the Connecticut River watershed. GCC is a public community college serving over 4,800 people annually in credit courses and credit-free workshops. Known for the caring and supportive attitude of the faculty and staff, and for the broad support it enjoys from the surrounding community, the college is fully accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. In addition to a strong Liberal Arts focus, the College offers a wide variety of innovative and successful programs including Gender and Women's Studies, Fine Arts, Nursing, Renewable Energy, and Outdoor Leadership, as well as varied learning environments, from traditional classrooms, to distance learning, peer tutoring, one-on-one faculty-student advising, workforce development, and learning communities that cater to specific needs and interests. Close to fifty percent of Greenfield Community College students transfer to four-year colleges, and it is Smith College's largest source of community college transfer students. Much of the College has undergone a multi-million dollar renovation that incorporates universal design principles to meet the needs of all our students. Greenfield Community College actively encourages and provides opportunities for leadership and professional development.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Under the direct supervision of the Dean of Enrollment, directs admission activities related to student enrollment management, including but not limited to: new admissions, readmit, and transfer students. Manages Office of Admission, Testing Center, and Health Records Office; creates, maintains, and enhances relations with local high schools, home schooling associations, professional organizations, area colleges, community based organizations and other education partners; oversees enrollment policies and guidelines, joint admissions agreements with colleges and universities, and the maintenance of other transfer pathways; collaborates with the Chief Marketing and Communications Officer to develop and implement recruiting and outreach projects; provides leadership to the departmental team. Partners with selective academic programs to provide student information, selective criteria, and conduct information sessions as required on selective admissions process. Ensures college compliance with all international student admission requirements, including serving as Primary Designated School Official (PDSO) for Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP). Provides leadership to Admissions with a particular focus on building relationships with minorities and under-represented populations.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Provides planning and direction for strategic enrollment management for institution, including managing and initiating new student recruitment that includes the development and implementation of marketing and enrollment management strategies to support the college mission and vision.
- Provides leadership and direction for new student and transfer admissions, dual enrollment, and international student programs.
- Responsible for working and collaborating with the entire college community for planning and execution of recruitment initiatives in order to achieve strategic enrollment objectives.
- Oversees the availability, accuracy, and currency of information and data regarding enrollment, student services, and academic offerings including regular, detailed reports on new student enrollment, trends, and recruitment event attendance through the admission process.
- Develop and implement a structured recruitment plan, including development of promotional materials, and activities with the marketing department.
- Engages in communication with statewide agencies, such as the Department of Higher Education.
- Promotes and maintains a strong and effective collaborative working relationship between Admissions, the Registrar, Financial Aid, Academic Advising, and Student Accounts and develops a strong admissions operations process.
- Engages in communication with off campus constituencies including high schools, community agencies, state and local professional organizations, area colleges, community based establishments, and other education partners to promote positive, consistent messaging about Greenfield Community College.
- Collaborates with program coordinators and other staff members to admit students into selective academic programs such as health and outdoor leadership.
- Oversees local, state and/or federal funded admissions programs including initiating the RFP process where appropriate and all required reporting. Currently GCC is the recipient of Commonwealth Dual Enroll Partnership (CDEP).
- Promotes the College to representatives of high schools and agencies through events, printed materials, web resources, and special programs.
- Promotes and oversees the development and maintenance of Banner student information system modules related to recruitment and admission, including the on-line application, to ensure accurate and comprehensive data collection.
- Works with all areas of the College, particularly Academic Affairs, to initiate and promote outreach and recruitment activities.
- Oversees SEVIS compliance and international student enrollment, serves as PDSO for (ICE) Immigration and Customs Enforcement SEVIS federal student tracking and governmental regulatory reports.
- Performs special projects and related responsibilities as initiated and requested.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree with three years related experience or a Bachelor's Degree and three years equivalent, progressive experience.
- Experience managing staff and a budget.
- Commitment to a customer/student service philosophy
- Experience working with college-level faculty
- Experience in recruitment marketing and advertising
- Experience with an integrated student information system, preferably Banner, or similar administrative software along with CRM experience
- Experience in partnership programs with community agencies and/or high schools
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND APTITUDES:
- Knowledge and demonstrated abilities in areas of admissions, enrollment and transfer processes.
- Ability to interact with all members of the college community, including a diverse, multicultural student body
- Demonstrated ability to promote a culture of teamwork within a group
- Bilingual preferred
- Community College experience
- Experience in developing outreach programs, particularly for economically disadvantaged and/or ESOL populations
- Supervisory experience in a culture of collective bargaining agreements and processes
Applicants who do not meet the qualifications as stated above are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them with the equivalent combination of education, training and experience required for the responsibilities of this position.
Must possess a valid driver's license. Occasional evening and weekend hours will be required.
SALARY RANGE: $68,000 - $74,000
START DATE: March 2019
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit your credentials online. Create a Greenfield Community College account by clicking on the APPLY NOW tab below. You will be able to upload the following documents, which are required for consideration:
- Cover letter
- Contact information for 5 professional references
When preparing your cover letter and resume, please refer to the minimum and preferred qualifications and, if applicable, include an equivalency statement.
Applications accepted up to and including March 8, 2019.
Applications received after March 8, 2019 MAY be considered until the position is filled.
Successful completion of a CORI check WILL be required as a condition of employment. Official copies of all academic transcripts will be required at the time of hire.
See the FAQs for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Already have a Greenfield Community College Employment Account? Login to your account to add documents or update your account.
*Greenfield Community College is proud to value diversity in our community of faculty, staff and students and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.*
ACCREDITED BY THE NEW ENGLAND ASSOCIATION OF SCHOOLS AND COLLEGES
To apply, please visit https://gcc.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=106653
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency