Audiovisual Support Specialist II
Requisition # 2018-9634
Department Support Services
Category Information Technology
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Princeton University is seeking an Audiovisual Support Specialist II to join its Instructional Support Services team in the Office of Information Technology (OIT). The Instructional Support Services group provides comprehensive support to the University in learning spaces, video production, web-conferencing, special events, and for general AV technical assistance. The group also provides tech support and audio visual/computer equipment for event-related staging for academic, administrative, and public events.
Under the day to day supervision of the Manager, Learning Space Support and general direction of the Director of ISS, the Audiovisual Support Specialist will support the effective customer service practices, procedures, and policies associated with learning space technologies in campus learning spaces and event locations as managed by ISS and OIT.
This position is responsible for just-in-time technical support for faculty as well as working with learning space and video production team members on service requests. In addition, this position is a technical resource for clients in spaces across campus.
- Provide just-in-time, comprehensive, Tier 1/2 level technical support for faculty and campus users using classroom, web-conferencing, and event technologies.
- Work closely with the learning space and video production groups to support courses and academic, administrative, and public events across campus learning spaces
- Assist with learning space technology construction/integration activities and participate on related teams
- As a technical resource for clients, provide an initial diagnosis for hardware and software technical problems in the classrooms.
- Resolve problems and/or repair of learning space technologies
- Provide short term solutions to rooms with equipment issues and eliminate any down-time for the room.
- Work closely with the Manager, Learning Space Support and LSS team to plan and execute support needs for upcoming courses and events, providing high-level technical service
- Set up and test audio visual equipment to ensure the operation of small to large-scale audiovisual systems for classroom needs and public events, and clearly report on all work through ServiceNow
- Ensure events are executed through accurate and timely setup, operation and breakdown of audio visual equipment.
- Liaise with other ISS staff and OIT team members as needed to troubleshoot technical issues.
- Additional responsibilities as required
- Assist with equipment/inventory via the ServiceNow platform
- Develop a technical understanding of platform-based remote AV tools and technologies, especially Crestron/Extron client and server applications
- At least 3 years of experience with classroom and learning space technologies and the ability to keep current with technology changes (Extron, Biamp, Clearone, etc)
- Experience in customer service with a demonstrated ability to skillfully manage all levels of customer issues
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills and the ability to interact with a diverse customer base who possess varying levels of technical proficiencies
- Ability to gather and analyze facts, draw conclusions, define problems, and suggest solutions.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, to respond to shifting priorities, and to work efficiently under the pressure of deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Excellent attention to detail and troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to lift fifty pounds.
- Ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours, including nights and weekends
- Three or more years of experience providing academic technology support in a higher education setting, Extron knowledge preferred
- Experience with IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and IT Service Management (ITSM), ServiceNow preferred
- CTS certification
- Demonstrated record of commitment to ongoing professional development
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University job offers are contingent upon the candidate's successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. The type and extent of background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening may vary depending on the requirements and/or functions of the job and the candidate's current employment status with Princeton University.
Go to our careers site.