Director, Philip Rauch Center for Business Communications and Lecturer in Business
Department: College of Business and Economics
Academic Category&Field of Expertise: Business/Management: Other Business/Management
Department / Position Website: https://cbe.lehigh.edu/
Position Description - Lehigh University’s College of Business and Economics invites applications for the position of Director of the Philip Rauch Center for Business Communications (RCBC) and Lecturer in Business. The Director will be a proven educator and administrator who will lead the development and implementation of new courses, programs, and services that support excellence in business communication. The Director will be a collaborative leader who shares Lehigh’s passion for transforming undergraduate students into young professionals ready to effectively deliver evidence-driven, persuasive communications across a variety of complex, often data-intensive business situations. This is a full-time, twelve-month, non-tenure track position.
Reporting to the Associate Dean for Undergraduate Programs, the Director will:
1. Design, coordinate, teach, assess, and continuously improve two new business communications courses in the undergraduate business core curriculum, i.e., BUS 003: Business Communications I and BUS 203: Business Communications II. He or she will collaborate with faculty teaching prerequisites to the business communication sequence and with professional development staff in the Undergraduate Programs Office to ensure an integrated core experience for students. Teaching load will be up to 6 credits per semester, starting in fall 2019.
2. Lead and oversee processes and programs to support the application, reinforcement, and continuous improvement of undergraduates’ business communications skills beyond business communication courses, including both curricular support (i.e., coordinating assessment rubrics for use by business faculty in core and major courses, engaging peer tutoring (TRAC Fellows) within CBE Undergraduate Programs, etc.) and co-curricular programming (e.g., workshops, seminars, coaching, etc.).
3. Manage operations and budget for the RCBC, including hiring and oversight of faculty to teach the business communications core course sequence. He or she will also serve as a member of the Associate Dean's leadership team in the College of Business and Economics Undergraduate Programs Office.
4. Represent the College of Business and Economics to constituencies internal and external to Lehigh, and promote communications-related program accomplishments to external audiences in a variety of venues.
5. Participate in professional networks/associations external to Lehigh to promote the College of Business and Economics, engage in the exchange of best practices, and gain ongoing professional development. He or she will also network and conduct ongoing benchmarking/research to lead best practices with regard to business communications and pedagogy.
Qualifications: Must have an advanced degree (minimum of Master’s degree with experience, PhD preferred) in business communications or a related field. Must demonstrate very strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, with evidence of professional communications excellence in business organization(s). Applicants should also provide evidence of teaching effectiveness in corporate and/or higher education settings and have experience in: • Leading with a strategic point of view, including planning that integrated various perspectives, garnering consensus, and implementing for results; • Leveraging contemporary technology to accomplish communication purposes; • Overseeing and allocating resources; • Networking/interacting with diverse others to achieve desired results, including forming and sustaining effective partnerships with key constituencies; • Accomplishing work with/through others in positive, collaborative work environments, preferably in a higher education context.
About Lehigh: Lehigh University is a coeducational, non-denominational, private university that offers a distinct academic environment of undergraduate and graduate students from across the globe. Lehigh presently offers majors and programs in four colleges: The College of Arts and Sciences, The College of Business and Economics, The College of Education, and The P.C. Rossin College of Engineering and Applied Science. The university serves more than 5,000 undergraduate and 1,900 graduate students. The College of Business and Economics is home to approximately 1,694 undergraduates (including two interdisciplinary programs with the Rossin College of Engineering and Applied Science), 319 graduate students, and 80 full-time faculty members. Lehigh’s College of Business and Economics’ undergraduate programs are consistently ranked among the nation’s finest, ranking 27th in Poets and Quants 2017 ratings for the best business programs for undergraduates. Located in eastern Pennsylvania, the campus is situated on more than 2,350 acres in close proximity to both New York City and Philadelphia. Lehigh Valley International Airport is 15 minutes from campus. Lehigh University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Lehigh offers excellent benefits including domestic partner benefits. Furthermore, Lehigh University has in place an infrastructure to address faculty dual career and work life balance matters. Please visit: http://www.lehigh.edu/~inprv/faculty/worklifebalance.html.
Review of Applications - To Apply: Please apply at Academic Jobs Online at:
https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/12824. Candidates should submit a cover letter, vita/resume, philosophy of teaching statement, evidence of teaching effectiveness, and three letters of reference. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Inquiries could be addressed to Associate Dean Katrina Zalatan, College of Business and Economics, [email protected]
On-Line Application https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/12824
Lehigh University is a 2010 recipient of an NSF ADVANCE Institutional Transformation Grant.
Read more at http://www.lehigh.edu/luadvance/
Lehigh offers excellent benefits including domestic partner benefits.
To find out more: http://www.lehigh.edu/~inprv/faculty/worklifebalance.html/
Lehigh University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Lehigh University provides comprehensive benefits including partner benefits. Lehigh Valley Inter-regional Networking & Connecting (LINC) is a newly created regional network of diverse organizations designed to assist new hires with dual career, community and cultural transition needs. For more information,