Assistant Director, Graduate Admission
Job Description Summary
As part of a cohesive and collaborative Graduate Admissions team, this position effectively deploys recruitment strategies to attract and yield highly qualified domestic, international, and online students across a broad portfolio of MBA and MS programs, focusing primarily on application through yield.
- Execute a best-practice customer service approach, working proficiently with the Slate Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and collaborating with colleagues to ensure full life cycle management of each lead; provide timely response to individual inquiries and initiate proactive outreach to prospective students in various stages of the application or admission process to encourage their forward movement and achieve targets for enrollment and pipeline management.
- Work closely with faculty program directors, the Dean's office, Academic Services, and other key offices to develop an understanding of the program, prerequisites, admissions criteria, and related trends; demonstrate and reflect an understanding of and commitment to Bentley's mission and core values.
- Evaluate candidates based on a portfolio of educational, professional, and personal experience evidenced by submitted materials, interviews, and interactions to make decisions regarding admission, scholarship awards, and credit evaluation
- Advise prospective students on program offerings and requirements, admission standards and procedures, and the Bentley graduate student experience using a customer-focused approach;
- Collaborate with other offices to engage and nurture relationships and to communicate information about financial aid, social/community opportunities, advising and registration processes, and career services.
- Aggressively and proactively monitor and adjust progress toward individual goals in an effort to achieve team goals through efficient time-management, pipeline management, and the application of sound judgement in prioritizing activities.
- Plan and host office appointments, info sessions, campus tours, webinars, and other on-campus activities for prospective students.
- Represent the Graduate School, promote its programs, and actively engage prospects at fairs, conferences, school visits, meet-ups and other off-campus events.
- Develop and maintain mutually beneficial partner relationships, internally and externally.
- Participate in the planning and execution of marketing strategies to engage admitted students.
- Participate in continuous evaluation and improvement of admission strategies, policies, and processes in support of graduate enrollment management best practices.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned to meet changing business needs.
- Bachelor's degree.
- At least 1 year of experience in sales or related field with a demonstrated track record of success in meeting or exceeding targets.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to write and speak professionally and persuasively and to engage diverse audiences through both group presentations and individual consultations; fluency in English.
- A record of highly motivated, self-directed, and results-oriented accomplishments with respect to both individual and team goals.
- Demonstrated aptitude for leveraging technology in the recruitment process.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to exercise sound judgement in a fast-paced customer service environment.
- Must hold and maintain a valid, unrestricted United States driver's license, with an insurable driving history as determined by Bentley's insurance carrier. Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Possession and retention of a valid license to operate a motor vehicle
- At least one year of admissions experience at the graduate level.
- Experience evaluating international transcripts.
- Strong project management and time management skills in a team environment.
- Experience working with Slate or similar CRM.
This position requires evening and weekend work and may involve domestic and international travel in order to conduct recruitment activities.
Recruitment activities may require several hours of travel by plane and/or car, loading, unloading, and carrying materials and supplies, and standing for long periods.
Bentley University requires references checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Bentley University strives to create a campus community that welcomes the exchange of ideas, and fosters a culture that values differences and views them as a strength in our community.
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity. The University is committed to building a community of talented students, faculty and staff who reflect the diversity of global business. We strongly encourage applications from persons from underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities, covered veterans and those with diverse experiences and backgrounds.