Assc Dir of ITR Info Tech Svcs
Assc Dir of ITR Info Tech Svcs
Pharmacology & Neuroscience - 302700
The Translational Aging Research Program is devoted towards eliminating neurodegenerative diseases. Our team spans basic "bench-top" science, clinical research, community-based research and clinical trials. Our translational approach is intended to foster discovery and expedite those discoveries toward the benefit of those suffering from brain disease. A particular emphasis of TARP is the development of personalized (or person-focused) medicine for Alzheimer's disease.
The Institute for Translational Research at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire an Associate Director.
This position is responsible for designing, planning, implementation, security and maintenance of technology within a specific area. Duties include managing servers, software, web services and resources; providing expertise in various system environments; ensuring backups, measuring customer satisfaction; and investigating problem situations that require the specification and development of new hardware or software solutions.
ITR Specific Duties
* Create web portals and applications for the Institute, Grant tracking, etc.
* Troubleshoot issues and integrate wetlab robots into a database.
* Develop and/or improve functionality around ITR technology needs, which includes web pages, web portals, web applications, and harmonizing IT systems across ITR Cores, creation of reports, and grant metric tracking.
* Oversight of the ITR data server (shared drive), including managing shared drive access requests. This includes data collected from EDC (electronic data capture system) and the wetlab for all projects.
* Creation of grant metric tracking system for all grant funded projects.
* Basic IT needs for the Institute, faculty, and staff.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree and six (6) years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Highly motivated and driven by a desire to solve difficult problems, and learn new technology.
* Excellent communication and cross-group collaboration skills.
* Flexibility to adapt to evolving needs and requirements.
* Great teamwork, communication and attention to detail.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Associate Director of ITR Information Technology Services
Job Open Date