Operations & Finance Coordinator
Operations & Finance Coordinator
Job Number: 81736
Operations & Finance Coordinator, Stanford Technology Ventures Program
100% FTE, Job Code 4102, Grade E, Non-exempt
The School of Engineering
Stanford Engineering has been at the forefront of innovation for nearly a century, creating pivotal technologies that have transformed the worlds of information technology, communications, health care, energy, business and beyond. Our faculty and students are creative risk-takers who pursue excellence across a breadth of disciplines. Our alumni include some of the world's most successful leaders in technology and business. Our staff are critical to enabling Stanford Engineering to accomplish its mission: seeking solutions to some of the world's most urgent challenges and educating leaders who will make the world a better place through the power of engineering principles, techniques and systems.
The Stanford Technology Ventures Program (stvp.stanford.edu) is the entrepreneurship center in Stanford's School of Engineering, within the department of Management Science & Engineering. With a startup-like culture, STVP is a lab that creates research as well as innovative entrepreneurship education opportunities for Stanford students. Our work includes the delivery of affiliated courses, scholarly research, fellowships, and extracurricular programs, along with accelerating entrepreneurship and innovation education around the world through faculty development programs, industry collaborations and content creation on our Stanford eCorner platform (ecorner.stanford.edu).
Reporting to STVP's Director of Operations and Finance, the Operations & Finance Coordinator provides a full range of operational and financial support central to STVP's core initiatives. The ideal candidate for this role thrives on challenges and tackles them head-on with speed, accuracy, and precision, is highly organized and detail-oriented, appreciates executing daily tasks to achieve an organization's long-term goals, is adaptable and collaborative, and, of course, is a passionate advocate for STVP's mission to develop the entrepreneurial mindset in organizations and individuals around the world.
In this role, you will:
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- A high school diploma and three years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Proficiency in computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing routine tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- An ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- An Associate or Bachelor's Degree.
- MS Office, Outlook, and Box experience.
- Working knowledge of enterprise-level financial processing systems.
- Solid quantitative and financial analysis abilities.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with all levels of faculty, students, and staff.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application. Your one-page cover letter should briefly describe your background in customer service and provide examples of your experience with attention to detail, responsiveness, and decision-making.
Location: School of Engineering, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency