Asst Soccer Coach
Working Title Assistant Women's Soccer Coach
We are currently seeking an Assistant Women's Soccer Coach. Working under the direction of the Head Soccer Coach, it is the responsibility of the Assistant Coach to assist in the administration of this NCAA Division I Intercollegiate program while adhering to all university, Big Sky Conference and NCAA rules and regulations. This position will work closely with the equipment staff, sports medicine staff, athletic facility staff, Assistant Athletic Director for Student Success and Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance. They will also work collaboratively with relevant constituent groups on campus. The job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, coaching & program duties, academic oversight, rules compliance & other administrative duties as assigned by supervisor. This position will also require some game day operations duties and travel to all away games.
On top of salary, the University offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, life and disability insurance and retirement. In addition, EWU offers generous vacation and sick leave accruals, 10 paid holidays per year and fringe benefits, such as tuition waiver for employees, discounted EWU sports tickets and free transportation through STA buses.
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Conditions of Employment
This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value; as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16. The offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion and passing of a background check prior to beginning employment.
Travel may be required a minimum of twenty-five (25) nights per year for team competition and/or recruiting.
Must annually pass the NCAA Coaches Certification Test for off-campus recruiting.
Physical DemandsRequired Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree by date of hire.
- Minimum of two (2) years of intercollegiate or club women's soccer coaching experience
- Any classification of USSF License
- First Aid/CPR/AED certification within the first 90 days of employment
- Experience and knowledge of all applicable rules and regulations of the NCAA, Big Sky Conference, and other established bodies that govern intercollegiate athletics and University
- Pass the NCAA Coaches Certification Test for off-campus recruiting within 30 days of employment and annually thereafter
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity
- NCAA Division I playing or coaching experience
- Club or ODP coaching experience
- Goalkeeping playing or coaching experience
Other Skills and Abilities: