Instructor, Certified Nursing Assistant
Instructor, Certified Nursing Assistant
$65,700.00 - $93,700.00 Annually
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
3/6/2019 11:59 PM Pacific
This is a full-time, tenure-track instructor position in the School of Health Sciences. Under the direction of the Dean, the assignment for the full-service week will be to teach any and all Certified Nursing Assistant courses offered by the department, and to participate in any other professional responsibilities as identified under 18.2.3 of the faculty agreement. Although this assignment is initially at the Chino Campus, transfers to the Fontana or Rancho campuses may be possible per contract and need.
This assignment includes (but is not limited to) the following:
• Teach assigned courses in any area of the program in a manner consistent with the department's standards and with the contents cited in the approved course outlines. Assignments may include evening and summer school;
• Participate in culturally responsive course and curriculum design and development, in student advisement of our diverse student population, in program review, in the accreditation process, and in district/college/school committee assignments and professional activities;
• Remain current in the subject matter areas and in the techniques of effective culturally responsive instruction;
• Team teaching classes with co-teachers of diverse backgrounds;
• Perform other assigned tasks for the benefit of the college, the community, and the profession;
• Day and evening assignments at the College or any of the College Campuses may be required as part of the regular contract.
• Associate's degree from an accredited institutionANDsix (6) years of related experience;OR
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited institutionANDtwo (2) years of related experience;OR
• Possession of a valid California Community College credential authorizing service as an instructor in Nursing or Health Science;OR
• The equivalent (equivalency questions are included in the Faculty Application for Employment);AND
• Clear sensitivity and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Licensed vocational or registered nurse in the State of California
• One year experience in providing care and services to chronically ill or elderly patients in an acute care hospital, skilled nursing facility, intermediate care facility, home care, hospice care, or other long-term care setting
• Possession of a current RN License in the State of California
• Experience as a public health nurse
• Previous experience teaching in a nursing assistant program
• Ability to communicate effectively, in English, with a diverse population, both orally and in writing
• Commitment to the philosophy and mission of the community college.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Based upon the minimum and/or desirable qualifications stated in this position announcement, the initial salary placement range is $65,700 (minimum qualifications) to $93,700 (doctorate) (Fall 2019 salary schedule). Placement is based on the regular full-time faculty salary schedule and is dependent upon verification of relevant experience and coursework from a regional or nationally accredited institution of higher learning.
EXCEPTIONAL BENEFITS PACKAGE
Health care, dental program, and vision services for employees and eligible dependents; employee life insurance; sick leave; and retirement coverage through the State Teachers' Retirement System (STRS).
ChaffeyCollege recently implemented a new online electronic application system. The new application can be accessed athttps://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/chaffey. The application package must include an online district employment application, filled out in detail and clearly reflect that the applicant meets the minimum qualifications as set forth in the position announcement. In addition, the following documents must be uploaded and included with the online application submission:
Please do not include any additional documents; only the documents that are indicated below. If documents are uploaded that are not required, the application may be disqualified.
• Cover Letter(State briefly how the applicant meets the qualifications)
• Professional Reference List(Include names, current addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses)
• Copy of Transcripts(Transcripts must indicate degree earned/conferred - photocopies or computer printouts are acceptable. Transcripts of all degrees applicable to meeting the minimum qualifications for this position must be included. Copies of diplomas/degrees are NOT acceptable in lieu of transcripts. Official sealed transcripts will be required upon hire.)
Foreign transcripts must be transcribed and evaluated in English by a bona fide evaluation service. Educational requirements must be met on or before the closing date.
Completed application and related materials must be submitted no later than the application deadline indicated at the top of this announcement. Failure to submit all required application materials may result in the applicant not being considered for the position.
Submission of application and related materials is the applicant's responsibility. The District reserves the right to re-advertise the position or to delay indefinitely the employment of a person for a position if it is deemed that applicants for the position do not constitute an adequate applicant pool.
Applicants should promptly notify the Office of Human Resources of any change of address and/or phone number. All application materials are subject to investigation and verification. False statements will be cause for disqualification or discharge from employment.
The Selection Process
A screening committee will conduct all minimum qualification appraisals as set forth on the announcement and reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant an interview. Applicants selected for an interview will be notified of the time and place of the interview. Interviews are usually held on theChaffeyCollege campus and are conducted by an Interview Committee. Additional interviews may be required. Reasonable accommodations are provided to persons with disabilities. Should an applicant have a need for an accommodation due to a disability, the applicant should contact the Office of Human Resources. Travel costs related to an interview will be borne by the applicant.
About the College
Established in 1883,ChaffeyCollege is one of California's first colleges. Nestled in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains, Chaffey's Rancho Cucamonga, Fontana and Chino campus locations serve students from throughout the Inland Empire. A fully accredited two-year institution by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges,ChaffeyCollege offers associate degrees and vocational and transfer programs in a wide variety of subjects. Most recently named one of the Top 10 community colleges in the nation by the Aspen Institute;ChaffeyCollege remains committed to its mission of improving the lives of its students, faculty, and staff through education.
Serving throughout the diverse Inland Empire,ChaffeyCollege provides services to the cities of Chino, Chino Hills, Fontana, Montclair, Ontario, Rancho Cucamonga, and Upland, reaching a population of more than 830,000. The District also recruits from some of the area's top high schools, accepting students from four surrounding districts;ChaffeyJoint Union High School, Chino Unified School District, Fontana Unified School District, and the Upland Unified School District.
Whether the goal is to transfer to a four-year institution or enter the workforce better prepared,ChaffeyCollege provides its students with the opportunity to take a variety of applicable courses. From taking lower division and general education classes to learning career-technical skills, the college provides its students with the tools needed to succeed during their time atChaffeyand beyond.
To Apply, visit:
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency