Database Administrator I
The Libraries & Information Technology division at St. Lawrence University invites application for a Database Administrator I position. The successful candidate will be part of the Information Technology Enterprise Systems team which is responsible for a portfolio of projects and services which provide innovative, cost-effective, and reliable administrative applications that support the University’s mission. The duties of the position include database administration using MS SQL server, review and movement of applications from development to production, and support for enterprise administrative systems. The position requires adaptability, teamwork, organization, troubleshooting skills, attention to detail, and a strong commitment to customer service.
- Responsible for database and file design related to the management of the university administrative databases using Microsoft SQL Server.
- Participate in code reviews and movement of code/reports from development to production.
- Use of various programming languages and tools including, but not limited to, C#.NET, MVC, Web Forms, PHP, Perl, PowerShell, Java, SSIS, DTSX, T-SQL, and MS SQL.
- Administration of SAP Business Objects including Universe design and Web Intelligence support..
- Report development and support for SSRS and Business Objects.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of combined programming and/or database administration experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with object-oriented programming.
- Experience with SQL Server or Oracle database administration.
To view the complete job description, including minimum qualifications required, as well as application instructions please visit: https://employment.stlawu.edu/postings/1771.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the finalist successfully passing a background (including criminal records) check.
For additional information about St. Lawrence, please visit SLU’s homepage at http://www.stlawu.edu/. St. Lawrence University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer.