Clinical Placement Coordinator
Hartwick College’s fully accredited B.S. in Nursing program invites applicants for a full-time, 12-month administrative appointment as Clinical Placement Coordinator for the Nursing Department. Under the supervision of the Department Chair, the Clinical Placement Coordinator is responsible for operational details related to the planning, coordination and evaluation of faculty supervised and precepted clinical/field experiences including externships and internships.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with actual and potential clinical affiliates and agency personnel
- Collaborate with the Course Coordinator to arrange clinical placements/ clinical placement schedules
- Collaborate with Chairperson, Course Coordinator, or designee to plan, coordinate and evaluate senior capstone experiences
- Manage operations (files, filing systems, communications) related to attestation of clinical clearance of students and faculty; ensure timely communication, facilitate access to health services and training as necessary; maintain and update records, communicate compliance concerns
- Work with the Course Coordinators, and the Chairs of the Curriculum and Evaluation/Assessment Committees to collect data to evaluate clinical teaching and clinical learning experiences
- Facilitate on and off campus labs/clinical as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Minimum requirements include baccalaureate-prepared registered nurse in the State of New York with a current unencumbered license, a minimum of three years of clinical nursing experience, and current CPR certification. Previous teaching experience/work with college students or graduate nurses is preferred. Candidates must possess strong interpersonal communication skills, the ability to work well as a member of an aligned professional team, and basic computer skills. Use of curricular technologies, LMS, computer skills-Microsoft, Datatel, and Excel is also desirable.
An independent, residential liberal arts college enrolling approximately 1,200 full-time undergraduates, Hartwick embraces the teacher-scholar model, with teaching excellence as the first priority, and seeks to recruit, retain and promote a diverse workforce.
Located in the scenic Susquehanna River valley in Oneonta, NY, near the northern foothills of the Catskill Mountains, the College features a Liberal Arts in Practice general education curriculum and aspires to “be the best at melding liberal arts education with experiential learning.”
Hartwick offers health benefits to domestic partners of employees, and prohibits discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation/preference and gender identity/expression. Hartwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to broadening “the understanding, awareness, and appreciation of diversity among all members of the Hartwick community.” Women, minorities, and other underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
Hartwick College is committed to providing a safe and secure educational and employment environment. Employment at Hartwick College is therefore contingent upon a successful background check on every new employee. Candidates to whom an offer of employment is made will be required to sign a Release of Information Form authorizing the College to conduct a thorough background check.
Hartwick College is committed to a diverse candidate pool, values an inclusive workforce and workplace environment, and wishes to minimize or eliminate the impact of implicit bias during the search and hiring process.
To apply for a position listed below, please submit one single pdf copy of your application materials inclusive of the content below.
- A cover letter;
- A resume;
- A Diversity Statement that addresses how your past and/or potential contributions to diversity will support Hartwick College’s Diversity Statement (https://www.hartwick.edu/campus-life/intercultural-affairs/diversity-at-hartwick/); and
- The names and contact information for three references, with annotation regarding how the reference is related to you and your work (at least one of your references must be from a current and/or previous supervisor).
All materials should be sent electronically to Suzanne Janitz, Director of Human Resources, at [email protected] with [Clinical Placement Coordinator] in the subject line. Applications may also be mailed to the Office of Human Resources, Hartwick College, P.O. Box 4020, Oneonta, NY 13820 or faxed to 607-431-4329. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.