Academic Support Coordinator II
Provide academic classroom scheduling services for campus. Provide customer service as it relates to section building, classroom scheduling, and the surrounding policies and procedures. Work very closely with the Assistant Registrar, Academic Scheduling and other staff in the Registrar’s Office to ensure effective usage of tools, such as EMS and Banner, to manage related information. Work closely with teams within the Registrar’s Office with regard to maintenance of section records and other information in Banner that informs and facilitates academic scheduling. Work closely with the Classroom Data Analyst and Business Analyst in the Registrar’s Office to report, identify, and resolve systems issues related to academic scheduling.
1. Assign classrooms for over 4,700 academic classes utilizing 170+ centrally scheduled classrooms for all three academic terms and for related academic events that are scheduled in general classroom space as availability allows
2. Serve as the primary point of contact for academic schedulers as it relates to classroom assignments and incoming inquires to the general academic scheduling email inbox
3. Utilizing EMS, Banner, OIT/CPSM websites and other tools, maintain accurate and timely information regarding classroom utilization; prepare and present related information using Excel, charts, and graphs, and other media such as PowerPoint as needed
4. Work closely with the Assistant Registrar, Academic Scheduling to schedule and facilitate meetings with classroom schedulers in the academic units to share information and review changes in policies and procedures
5. Assist the Curriculum Support team with new and revised course structure proposals and questions as it pertains to Academic Scheduling
6. Support other functional teams in the Registrar’s Office as needed
7. Other duties as assigned Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a regular basis with: Students, staff, and faculty This position typically will advise and counsel: Students and staff This position will supervise: N/A
Department Description In support of the mission and the educational programs of The Georgia Institute of Technology, the Registrar's Office seeks to:
- Create and maintain accurate student academic records in compliance with applicable policies, laws and regulations.
- Ensure continuously satisfactory service through good management practices and responsible stewardship and utilization of resources.
- Establish daily business practices which reflect the most advanced technological methods available to improve customer service.
- Make student data available in easily accessible formats to departments for administrative purposes and research.
- Interpret Institute, Board of Regents, and governmental policies to faculty, staff, students, parents and the general public.
- Assess the effectiveness of services provided to ensure equitable and ethical treatment of all customers.
- The Registrar's Office at Georgia Tech will be a technologically advanced, highly efficient, customer-oriented, flexible organization adaptable to the changing needs of the Institute. It will deploy cutting-edge technologies and effective management practices to ensure that its resources are used wisely and to their full potential in the delivery of world-class customer service. It will create a work environment for its staff that fosters learning, creative thinking, effective problem-solving, and on-going commitment to excellence. Accountability at all levels will be a hallmark of its character.