Position Summary: Responsible for developing and maintaining web applications and supporting administrative database systems.
- Designs, creates and maintains new and existing web software applications
- Works closely with the applications team to maintain web and administrative systems
- Develops technical specifications, project and resource plans, project updates and presentation materials
- Develops workflows to streamline business processes
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science or related discipline
- Demonstrable ability to develop database-driven web applications
- Good organizational skills and the ability to communicate and interact effectively
- Three or more years of professional experience in web development
- Demonstrable ability to work effectively in an enterprise computer services support department
- Familiarity with mobile-first or responsive / adaptive design techniques
- Knowledge and experience integrating cloud and on-premises systems
- Experience in a higher education environment
- Project management experience
Application Process: Interested candidates must submit an Alma College application, a cover letter and a current résumé to Larry Elliott, Assistant Director, EIS, Alma College, 614 W. Superior St., Alma, MI 48801 or by e-mail to: [email protected] Review of applications will begin January 29, 2019.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
For an Alma College application, please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/897-employment-application
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.Story published on January 15, 2019 Last modified on Jan. 15th at 11:30am by Kathy Sommerville.