Community Health Worker
Posting DetailsPosting Details Job Title Community Health Worker Requisition Number RE16636 Working Title CHW Department Name 7H060:RURAL KENTUCKY HEALTH CARE Work Location Boyd County and Greenup County Grade Level 37 Salary Range $11.06-17.13/hour Type of Position Staff Position Time Status Full-Time Required Education
HSClick here for more information about equivalencies: http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalencies Required Related Experience
1 yrRequired License/Registration/Certification
Requires handling of average-weight objects us ot 25 pounds, or standing and walking for a long period of time.Shift
Days, Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pmJob Summary
This position will cover Boyd County and Greenup County. The main office for this position will be located in one of these counties listed. The Community Health Worker (CHW) is now a more complex position which is nationally recognized. In addition to acting as a client advocate and liaison, the CHW plays a significant role in research by recruiting specific clients for research projects and working with them throughout the study. The CHW provides care coordination to assist patients in reaching a healthier lifestyle while managing their chronic disease states. This position has one-on-one interaction with patients in order to provide services to at-risk clients and families. The CHW assesses patient needs for health coverage, self-management health education, makes referral recommendations and assists in accessing services as appropriate; advocates on behalf of the patients and or families to health and human service providers and agencies; completes home visits as needed.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
Communication skills, computer skills, knowledge of county and state resources.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? No Preferred Education/Experience
One or more years experience enrolling participants into a health plan or any kind of research projects.Deadline to Apply 02/03/2019 University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Have you ever worked at a job that provided home visiting services?
- * Are you aware that this position is located in Boyd County/Greenup County?
- * Describe any paid employment experience that you have which would be relevant to this position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe your knowledge of resources that are available to under-insured and non-insured residents of Boyd/Greenup County.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's Online Employment System?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Academic Keys
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the above
- Cover Letter