Facilities Admin - 356000
The Facilities Management mission is to make University of North Texas Health Science Center a place where the facilities and grounds are aesthetically pleasing, clean, well maintained, energy efficient and appropriate to support the institutional Mission and Vision. We are dedicated to providing services to the Health Science Center by maintaining an environment that is conducive to learning, teaching, and research.
The Facilities Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a Maintenance Technician to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Moving furniture and equipment, performing setups for events on and off campus, and driving a 15 passenger shuttle bus to transport passengers for events (Must show a high level of professionalism).
* Scheduling work orders, prioritizing duties and maintaining a schedule of work to be performed.
* A high level of communication is required to ensure the customer's needs are met.
* Must have the ability to work effectively within a team environment to achieve satisfactory results.
* Assures safety standards comply with the University policies, and City, State and Federal guidelines.
* Use small hand tools and small power tools.
* Must be able to work some nights and weekends as needed.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
High school diploma or GED and six months of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Certification in modular furniture preferred.
* The ability to work in a fast paced environment.
* The physical demands include stooping, reaching, holding, pushing/pulling and kneeling.
* The ability to lift, transport and carry furniture
* Able to exert 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly.
* Willing to use two-way radios to communicate.
* Bilingual skills a plus.
* Experience using Microsoft Office Suite
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Commensurate with experience
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Job Open Date