Assistant, Associate, or Professor of Digestive Diseases
Posting DetailsJob TitleAssistant, Associate, or Professor of Digestive DiseasesRequisition NumberFE01176Working TitleClinical Chief of Digestive DiseasesDepartment Name7H358:INTERNAL MEDICINE & DIVISIONS - GASTROENWork LocationLexington, KYType of PositionFacultyPosition Time Status Full-TimeTenure Track StatusNon-Tenure TrackRequired Education
MD degree or equivalentRequired Related Experience
Completion of fellowship training in Gastroenterology and Transplant Hepatology or equivalentRequired License/Registration/Certification
Ky Medical License within 30 days of appointmentJob Summary
The Department of Internal Medicine is seeking an attending physician for digestive diseases. This position is being recruited at open-rank, and will serve as a Clinical Chief. Duties include, but are not limited to:
*Serve as an Attending and/or Consulting Physician at the UK HealthCare Hospitals and/or the Veterans Administration Hospital.
*Patient care responsibilities will include General and Transplant Hepatology services at UK HealthCare and possibly outreach clinics.
*Provide teaching and supervision of residents and medical students in all clinical settings (inpatient, outpatient, and clinical research subjects). Will be an active participant in postgraduate education/CME efforts.
*Administrative responsibility will be to serve as the Clinical Chief of Hepatology in the Digestive Diseases Division.
*Participation in the Clinical Gastroenterology/Hepatology Programs within the Division of Digestive Diseases and Nutrition at the University of Kentucky.
*Participation in Continuing Education Programs at the College of Medicine.
Please include an updated CV when applying to the position. Applications will be reviewed immediately and will continue until the position is filled.Skills / Knowledge / AbilitiesDoes this position have supervisory responsibilities? YesPreferred Education/ExperienceDeadline to ApplyOpen Until FilledYesUniversity Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's Online Employment System?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Academic Keys
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the above
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter