Adjunct Faculty: Paralegal Studies-Spring 2019
Category: Adjunct Faculty
Department: Paralegal Studies Department
Locations: Boston, MA
Posted: Jan 16, 2019
Type: Adjunct Faculty
Ref No.: ADJ
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College is the largest community college in Massachusetts, serving more than 14,000 students each semester across all modes of instruction. Ranked among the 25 fastest growing public two-year colleges in the United States, BHCC is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, MA, in nearby Chelsea, MA, and at three satellite locations within the Greater Boston area. BHCC is part of the Massachusetts public higher education system, which includes 15 community colleges.
BHCC offers 103 certificate and degree programs that prepare students to enter four-year institutions or to enter the workforce prepared for better and more highly skilled jobs. Sixty-seven percent of students are people of color and more than fifty percent are women.
Bunker Hill Community College BHCC is nationally recognized as a Leader College by Achieving the Dream and is one of four colleges awarded the National Gates Foundation Achieving the Dream Catalyst grant.
BHCC is a progressive institution guided by five goals: to Foster Student Success, Strengthen Career, Transfer and Workforce Readiness, Advance Diversity, Inclusion and Equity and Develop the College's Infrastructure. The College is committed to a learning community teaching/learning environment and, as an Achieving the Dream institution, is focused on data-driven student success.
Living in Boston:
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America with twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offering exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, museums, galleries and an extensive network of parks and outdoor recreational areas. Unemployment consistently tracks lower than the national average and job growth in 2014 and 2015 were ahead of projections. Eighty-plus colleges and a quarter of a million college students in the area make Boston one of the country's "youngest major metropolis," according to Boston magazine. Suburbs outside of Boston offer affordable housing options with easy access to public transportation.
Adjunct instructor is need to teach course in the Paralegal Studies Department
PLG-102 Legal Research and Writing (Thursdays 6:00-8:45 PM)
This course covers an introduction to legal writing and proper use of legal terminology in developing and drafting a format for the legal memorandum, preparing briefs, and, in particular, formulating research skills.
- Teach Legal Research & Writing
- Evaluate student performance in the classroom
- Utilize a variety of appropriate teaching strategies to promote students' critical thinking skills and enhance understanding
- Develop instructional materials consistent with course objectives and student learning outcomes and competencies
- Maintain expertise and currency in area of teaching responsibility
- Attend two semiannual faculty meetings for the department
- Juris Doctorate, Bachelor's Degree required.
- Current Bar membership in good standing.
- Knowledgeable with on-line legal research including Westlaw Next and NexiUni (formerly Lexis Nexis)
- Proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population.
- College-level teaching experience, especially in the community college setting, preferred
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE INVITED TO ATTEND THE ADJUNCT ACADEMY PRIOR TO BEING ASSIGNED COURSES.
Salary: $1,104.00 per credit hour
Review Date: Open until filled
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
- Cover Letter
- A Copy of your Unofficial Transcripts
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE