Assistant/Associate Professor of Healthcare Management
Assistant/Associate Professor of Healthcare Management
Winthrop University: College of Business Administration: Management and Marketing
Location: Rock Hill, South Carolina
Open Date: Jan 15, 2019
The Department of Management and Marketing at Winthrop University is seeking a tenure-track Assistant or Associate Professor of Healthcare Management to teach courses in the AUPHA Certified undergraduate Healthcare Management and graduate business administration programs.
Degree programs in the College of Business Administration give students a broad-based business education with the flexibility of a wide variety of choices to customize their experience. The College is proud to be accredited by the top accrediting bodies in the nation. Having been accredited since 1979 by AACSB-International, the highest achievable business school accreditation makes our programs world class. Other accreditations include ABET (which sets the standards for computer science programs, and AUPHA, which sets us apart as the only certified undergraduate healthcare management program in South Carolina. For more information, please see http://www.winthrop.edu/cba.
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses
- Maintain an active scholarship agenda within one's area of expertise
- Actively engage in departmental curriculum development, accreditation, program planning, assessment, and student recruitment
- Effectively advise and mentor majors at the undergraduate and graduate levels
- Participate in service to the program, department, college, and university
- Engage in professional stewardship and academic responsibilities to the department, college, university, discipline, and community
- Assume other responsibilities according to departmental needs including teaching evening and summer offerings.
Employment Conditions: A nine-month, full-time tenure-track appointment with faculty rank. Salary is competitive and dependent on academic qualifications.
Work Environment: This position requires daily contact with students, faculty, and staff on campus. Additionally, the successful candidate will be expected to work with the broader community and also forge collaborations with other universities and international schools/ companies /partners.
Position Availability: August 16, 2019
- Ph.D. in Health Administration or related field. Exceptional candidates nearing the completion of the doctorate (ABD) may be considered for a non-tenure track position at the rank of Instructor. Renewal of the appointment will be contingent on successful completion of the Ph.D.
- Record of demonstrated or emerging scholarship commensurate with rank
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching courses in healthcare management and/or business administration
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues at the department, college, university, and community levels
- Candidates with expertise in Healthcare Economics or healthcare finance are preferred
- Preference will also be given to applicants with work experience in either hospital or long-term care administration
Interested individuals are encouraged to submit their credentials as soon as possible for full consideration. Application review will begin on February 15, 2019. Applications received after this start of review may be considered if an acceptable candidate is not identified.
Complete applications should be submitted electronically at http://www.winthrop.edu/hr/ and should include the following materials
- Cover letter addressing interest in the position and outlining experiences relevant to the required qualifications
- Current Curriculum vitae
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Names, titles, addresses, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses of at least three references familiar with the candidate's qualifications
- Transcript and evidence of highest degree achieved
Questions about the vacancy should be directed to Dr. Michael Matthews ([email protected])
About Winthrop University
Founded in 1886 and located in Rock Hill, South Carolina, Winthrop University offers its 6,000-plus undergraduate and graduate students an educational experience that blends liberal arts, professional programs, global awareness, and civic engagement. In its degree-granting Colleges of Arts and Sciences, Business Administration, Education, and Visual and Performing Arts, Winthrop embraces only those programs and activities that can be delivered at an exemplary level. Winthrop is well known for its inclusive and supportive campus environment, with University College supporting programs in both academic and student affairs. Winthrop University is achieving national stature as a competitive and distinctive co-educational, public, residential, comprehensive, values-oriented institution. The values of service, excellence, diversity, community, and leadership provide the foundation for the University’s continuing development and shape Winthrop’s continuing success. Numerous national accolades reflect the sustained high quality and value of the Winthrop Experience, including the most recent U.S. News & World Report’s ranking of Winthrop as one of the top-10 public comprehensive universities in the South. Winthrop is an active member of the Rock Hill community and is recognized as a key component of the region’s economic resurgence. Approximately 20 minutes from Charlotte, North Carolina, Winthrop has direct access to and is engaged in a broad and expansive regional arts and business community. Winthrop’s beautiful campus encompasses a rich architectural blend of neo-Georgian buildings and is included in the National Register of Historic Places. The attractive recreational and research complex area that surrounds Winthrop Lake is home to Winthrop’s 18 Division I men’s and women’s sports.
Winthrop University is committed to providing a safe campus community. Winthrop conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
This institution is using Interfolio's Faculty Search to conduct this search. Applicants to this position receive a free Dossier account and can send all application materials, including confidential letters of recommendation, free of charge.