INSTRUCTIONAL DEVELOPMENT DESIGNER I
INSTRUCTIONAL DEVELOPMENT DESIGNER I
Posting Number: SRGV3724
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: Center for Online Learning and Teaching Technology
Scope of Job:
Provides instructional design expertise for the development of instructional materials and courseware in a higher education setting, utilizing both traditional and advanced instructional design techniques.
Description of Duties:
• Designs, develops, and implements curricular materials and courseware.
• Responsible for consulting and coordinating with content area experts in the design and development of instructional materials.
• Consults with faculty and administrators in the design, development and evaluation of the curriculum, instructional methods and materials, and research projects.
• Consults with faculty in the use of instructional technologies.
• Assists in coordinating seminars, workshops, training and courses on various education and technology related topics.
• Researches new instructional strategies and materials.
• Assists in the preparation of grant applications to obtain funding for curriculum development or academic research projects.
• Represents the department and the University on various committees and in various teaching positions.
• Evaluates relevant emerging technologies that have potential value for teaching and learning for further review.
• Supports the development of virtual worlds and immersive learning environments.
• Generates activity reports and coordinates and documents small projects.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General direction from the assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of all assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree in education, instructional design / technology, or related field from an accredited University.
Master’s degree in education, instructional design / technology, or related field.
• Two (2) years of experience as an instructional designer, developer, trainer, educator, writer or a combination of all of the above, or
• Four (4) years of the required experience with a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from an accredited University.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required.
Knowledge of current and emerging technology, learning and instructional theory, instructional design principles, design process, and interface design principles. Ability to work as a team member and to establish effective working relationships. Ability to effectively use interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 01/15/2019
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/20234
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency