INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT SPECIALIST
INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Posting Number: SRGV3723
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: Center for Online Learning and Teaching Technology
Scope of Job:
Responsible for providing and coordinating support to faculty and students on issues directly related to the institution's learning management system and all related instructional technologies and keeping up to date with technology developments with learning management systems.
Description of Duties:
• Provides advanced technical support to faculty and students for online teaching and learning tools such as the institution’s learning management system and related instructional.
• Develops and implements processes and controls for the provision of end-user support related to instructional technologies.
• Perform analysis and testing of end-user support systems and procedures.
• Manages and supervises student instructional support personnel to ensure resolution of all help requests related to instructional technologies supported by COLTT.
• Documents help desk standards and procedures in accordance with online learning and information resources standards.
• Provides assistance to faculty, staff, and administrators who have instructional technology needs.
• Interfaces with outside vendors and agencies as they relate to the responsibilities and user support associated with this position.
• Works closely with learning management system development staff in the setup, integration and performance monitoring of the university’s learning management system and related instructional technologies.
• Supports instructional Designer/Developer staff to facilitate adoption of instructional technologies.
• Attends and facilitate information sessions and presentations to publicize and educate students about instructional support services provided by department.
• Installs, configures and maintains instructional software and courseware, as well as troubleshoot problems with computer hardware and peripherals of COLTT instructional technology staff.
• Schedules lecture recordings and other training sessions.
• Researches emerging instructional technologies and assess their usefulness in education setting.
• Manages/maintains media room facilities and access for faculty.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General direction from the assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of all assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree in from an accredited University in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or a closely related field.
Two (2) years of experience in information technology and computer user support including hands-on experience with Learning Management Systems administration and integration.
Be familiar with database administration and Linux/Unix systems administration. Knowledge of Banner Student Information System.
Skilled in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Windows and Office utilization and troubleshooting, and skilled in the transfer, editing, converting, storing, and streaming of digital video and audio.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Primarily assigned to an Office environment.
May be required to work night and/ or weekends. Some travel might be required. Must be able to work independently, as part of a team or as a leader of a group. Display exceptional troubleshooting, debugging, and problem solving skills with high level of attention to detail. This position may require physical activities such as lifting servers, moving desktops, etc.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 01/15/2019
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/20232
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency