Full Time, Tenure Track
Job Close Date: 03/11/2019
PLEASE NOTE: In order to be considered for this opening, you must apply through the District website at https://jobs.socccd.edu
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide theory and clinical instruction to RN students in medical‐surgical nursing. May also be assigned in the area(s) of obstetrics, pediatrics, gerontology, psychiatric, and/or ambulatory care settings consistent with expertise. Participate in the development and revision of curriculum in department and college committees and in professional development strategies. Maintain appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics. Assignment will include weekend or evening hours. Participate on monthly meetings, community meetings and in general faculty functions related to the educational program, in‐service programs and professional development.
For this position, employees must have at least one of the following:
1. Master’s degree or higher in nursing from an accredited college or university; OR
2. Bachelor’s degree in nursing AND a Master’s degree in health education or health science from an accredited college or university; OR
3. Valid California Community College instructor credential appropriate to the subject per Education Code 87355 (issued prior to July 1, 1990); OR
4. The minimum qualifications as set by the Board of Registered Nursing, whichever is higher; OR
5. A combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent of items 1 or 2 above .
• Validated clinical competence “Clinically competent” as defined in Board of Registered Nursing section 1420(d), which means that a nursing program faculty member possesses and exercises the degree of learning, skill, care and experience ordinarily possessed and exercised by staff level registered nurses of the nursing area to which the faculty member is assigned.
• Knowledge of current technologies used in clinical nursing and/or instructional setting, including the use of computers.
• Evidence of and sensitivity to understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
• Other requirements as set by the Board of Registered Nursing in Section 1425 ©.
Preference will be given to those candidates demonstrating a high level of professional expertise on the basis of:
• Theory and clinical‐based experience in medical/surgical nursing and one other nursing specialty including: Pediatrics, Obstetrics, Medical‐Surgical, Psychiatric Mental Health, or Gerontology.
• Recent classroom and clinical teaching experience.
• Knowledge of curriculum design and development.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with colleagues.
Please visit the District’s Employment Opportunities website at https://jobs.socccd.edu for a detailed job description, to learn more about the District and to complete an on-line application.
NOTICE TO ALL CANDIDATES FOR EMPLOYMENT: The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Public Law 99-603, requires that employers obtain documentation from every new employee which authorizes that individual to accept employment in this country. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER