Assistant Professor, Global Public Health
Assistant Professor, Global Public Health
Dominican educates and prepares students to be ethical leaders and socially responsible global citizens who incorporate the Dominican values of study, reflection, community and service into their lives. The University is committed to diversity, sustainability and the integration of the liberal arts, the sciences and professional programs. Dominican University of California is an independent university offering the best of Liberal Arts combined with a rigorous professional education. Founded in 1890, Dominican enjoys an over century-long reputation for excellence in scholarship, research and community outreach. The University offers more than 60 academic programs that reflect the diversity and creativity of both the faculty and the students. With about 1,900 students and a student to faculty ratio of 10:1, Dominican is able to successfully blend the personal attention associated with smaller schools with the academic resources of a larger university.
Resume/CV and cover letter are required and must be attached in attachment section of the application process (Step 2). Refer to the posting instructions for any additional materials that may be required.
Refer to the Dominican Employment Page here for adjunct opportunities and application instructions.
Title: Assistant Professor, Global Public Health
Department: Global Public Health
Division: School of Health and Natural Sciences
Reports to: Program Director, Global Public Health
Status: Full Time, Tenure-Track, 9 months (Commence August 2019)
The Department of Global Public Health at Dominican University of California invites applications for a full-time tenure track Assistant Professor position, to teach in its' undergraduate Global Public Health Major. This is a full-time, 9-month position. Salary and rank are commensurate with experience. Applicants should have academic and research experience in global health. The application review process will begin on February 15, 2019 and will continue until filled, with a start date of August 2019.
- Develop and teach core undergraduate courses in the Global Public Health major.
- Conduct scholarship and research activities in the field of study.
- Academic advising for Global Public Health majors.
- Provide service to the Global Public Health program, the University, the community, and the professional field.
- Represent the Global Public Health program on campus, at student recruitment events, and in the external community when requested.
- Must hold a doctorate in public health, global health, or closely related field
- Evidence of high-quality teaching and successful student mentoring
- Evidence of active research and scholarship, with recent peer-reviewed publications.
- PC or Mac skills working in a Microsoft Windows OS environment with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Interest in assuming administrative leadership as GPH program director, with commensurate leadership and/or management experience
- Teaching experience at the undergraduate level
- Evidence of extramural research funding
- Postdoctoral training
Additional Position Information
- Priority will be given to applications submitted by February 15th, 2019; however additional applications may be considered until the position is filled
- Review of all applications will begin on March 11, 2019
- Finalists will be invited for interviews in April 2019.
- Must be willing to consent to a background check
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. The University is located 12 miles north of San Francisco nestled in the foothills Marin County. Dominican has a 1:10 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 16 with a small-town feeling in a park-like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
Dominican University is dedicated to providing all students a rich learning experience, including community engagement, digital portfolios, and signature work; https://www.dominican.edu/about/the-dominican-experience. Dominican University seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to diversity and our desire to maintain the excellence of our faculty. In so doing, we offer our students not only the opportunity to learn about varied disciplines, but to engage diverse perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning; https://www.dominican.edu/about/leadership/office-of-academic-affairs/diversity.
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment. We are committed in thought, word, and deed to recruiting and retaining a workforce that values the diversity of its student body. The University actively promotes an institutional culture that practices equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of all under-represented groups in higher education.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency