Position Title:Residence Director Job Category:Staff Department:Residential Life - 6510230 Division:Student Affairs Required Documents:Cover Letter, Resume Position Statement:Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is one of 28 institutions within the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Serving nearly 13,000 students, GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 920,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology. Description:
The position of Residence Director is responsible for supervising and developing student staff and an exceptional community campus environment. The position develops and leads student Resident Assistants and provides hall governance to students and Resident Assistants.
- Selects, trains, evaluates, supervises, and develops student resident assistants.
- Develops a balanced program of social, educational, and community living activities.
- Provides direction for hall governance and other student groups.
- Oversees and directs student staff initiatives. Works with individual staff members to establish objectives and meet student development needs.
- Communicates, interprets, and administers GGC Community Guide policies and procedures to student staff.
- Provides one-to-one contact, conflict mediation, and referral services to residents.
- Maintains full time office hours and visibility within the hall and initiates informal contacts with residents.
- Responds to emergency/crisis situations in an on-call rotation.
- Develops/maintains liaison relationships with Student Affairs.
- Serves on GGC College committees, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned. NOTE: This is a live-in, full time position requiring 40 hours per week (or work schedule as assigned)
- Bachelor's degree
- One year experience in a college/university residence life setting; leadership and/or supervisory experience
- Previous leadership or supervisory experience
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position is a LIVE IN position. Depending upon specific duties, position may require a College-issued uniform or shirt to ensure employees engaged in representing the College to the community are clearly identified as such. Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Job takes place in normal environmental conditions. NOTE: Position may require non-standard work hours (nights and weekends).Work Hours:9am - 5pm Position Status:Full-Time FLSA:Non-exempt