Programmer, Application Development
Position Title:Programmer, Application Development Job Category:Staff Department:Technology Development - 7010440 Division:Educational Technology Required Documents:Cover Letter, Resume Position Statement:
Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is one of 28 institutions within the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Serving nearly 13,000 students, GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 920,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.Description:
Reporting to the Director of Application Development, the Programmer, Application Development works as a member of the Application Development team within Educational Technology department providing support for programming and integration of various software applications.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Obtains requirements from stakeholders and analyzes them.
- Communicates with stakeholders and manages their expectations
- Designs, develops, tests, deploys and maintains solutions based on requirements
- Documents developed solutions
- Ensures proper use and appropriate security for provided solutions
- Assists with defining data standards and models for data architectures.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience with excellent benefits.Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related fields
- Strong skills in and experience with SQL queries and PL/SQL
- Experience with robust report creation tools
- Knowledge and experience with data extractions from a transaction system
- Knowledge of job automation tools
- Experience with Argos
- Experience with Ellucian Banner
- Experience with Automic/UC4
- Experience in Higher education
- Good verbal and written skills suitable for technical discussion within the development team, external vendors and non-technical communication with internal college customers
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving abilities
- A team player in a large complex organization
- Strong sense of continuous improvement and customer service
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.Work Hours:Position may require non-standard work hours (nights and weekends). Position Status:Full-Time FLSA:Exempt