Academic Editor (Remote)
Research Square is committed to helping researchers across the globe succeed by helping them communicate their work so they can get back to making discoveries.
We currently have full-time opportunities for highly motivated individuals to fill the role of Academic Editor (AE).
- We are looking for editors in all scientific fields, especially Earth Science, Materials Science, and Environmental Studies.
- We are also interested in editors with expertise in any field of engineering or computer science.
- We are not currently hiring in the humanities or social sciences, with the exception of Business (Management, Marketing, and Accounting) and Economics.
Our Academic Editors have a strong background in academic research and stellar editing skills. AEs bring their experiences in academia and in the lab to bear in producing high-quality edits of academic manuscripts in fields related to their research experience, directly connecting to our mission of helping researchers succeed. The AE position is a challenging one as it entails delivering a high volume of consistently high quality edits (several manuscripts per day); it requires a combination of strong editing and time management skills as well as expertise in a specific field of study.
Many AEs are remote employees who participate in regular videoconference meetings with their manager and team and enjoy strong bonds with their remote and local colleagues. Because the work is results oriented and communication is often asynchronous, written communication skills and a dash of tech savvy are a must.
Skills & Requirements
- Advanced degree; PhD preferred
- Demonstrated ability to edit academic manuscripts in accordance with accepted publication standards
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- High level of self-motivation and personal accountability
- Extremely strong time management skills
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively
- Flexibility and adaptability in the face of change
- Passionate about helping researchers successfully communicate their work
- Demonstrates Research Square’s core values
- Meets workflow-specific quality standards and volume targets
- Edits in line with our scope and service goals
- Meets deadlines
- Contacts support, our customer service team, and editing team as needed to serve our customers best
- Communicates in line with team and RS-wide expectations
- Makes RS a better place
Who We Are
Research Square, home to American Journal Experts (AJE), is the leader in trusted and ethical author-oriented solutions in the world of academic publishing. We are a rapidly growing company based in Durham, NC, and our 250+ employees are committed to making a difference in the world of research discovery, communication, and publication. We take our work to improve the lives of researchers very seriously, but we also believe in having fun doing so! Our work environment is casual and extremely flexible. We have a results-focused workplace; many enjoy coming in to our "open office" environment, and those who choose to work from home attend any required meetings via videoconferencing or streaming/chat. The Research Square work environment is stimulating and dynamic, and the AEs are a hardworking and fun team of which to be a part.
Recent Company Awards
nc. 5000 (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
Fast 50 (2013, 2014)
Inc. Hire Power (2013)
Build 100 (2013)
Sloan Award for Workplace Flexibility (2011, 2012)
When Work Works Award (2014, 2016, 2017)
NC Parenting Magazine’s Family Friendly 50 (2013, 2014)
Triangle Business Journal's Best Places to Work (2017)
Location of position:
Applications should be sent to::