Recruitment & Admissions Officer – Professional MBA & Specialized Programs
10 MONTH TERM
Reporting to the Director, Recruitment and Admissions, the Recruitment and Admissions Officer is crucial to the efficient and effective implementation of the Professional MBA and Specialized Programs’ recruiting and admissions efforts.
The incumbent provides input into the development of and implementation of the recruitment and admissions strategies. Early, highly personalized communication links with prospective students as well as complete and accurate documentation for each prospect is fundamental to recruitment and determining, during the admissions process, if and when an offer of admissions should be extended.
Key responsibilities include:
Assists in the development of processes and responses to ensure that outreach, recruitment and admissions activities are timely and personalized. Develops and implements personalized programs to maintain contact and build relationships and maintain contact with pre-applicants, applicants throughout the recruitment and admissions cycle. Organizes and implements the logistics of events and other activities to increase the yield of admitted students who enroll. Administers the Ellucian database, a recruitment and admission tracking and management system to ensure that applications are reviewed, processed and decisions are made in the most timely, efficient and effective manner. Prepares the admissions files and undertakes responsibility for data and document management throughout the recruitment and admissions cycle. Develops presentations and communications to continually support the various recruitment and admissions yield initiatives. Prepares statistics and tracks trends on the various facets of the recruitment and admissions process. Analyses data which is used to continually improve our outreach and admissions activities. Researches geographical trends in the Professional MBA and Specialized Programs markets and develops a thorough understanding of the competitive landscape.
- University undergraduate degree in marketing, communications or related field. Consideration may be given to candidates with a combination of education and experience
- Four (4) years related experience in recruitment, admissions, sales or marketing environment.
- Experience in writing marketing correspondence and preparing presentations.
- Experience in event planning.
- Experience with tasks requiring attention to detail and good organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Superior customer service orientation and demonstrated initiative.
- The ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Good knowledge of personal computers and software packages for presentations, word processing and spreadsheets. Knowledge of data bases and, ROSI is particular, is an asset.
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously.
- Able to deal effectively with a multi-cultural, diverse pool of mature prospects and applicants.
- Ability to communicate in one or more languages other than English is a definite asset.
Department: Rotman: Rotman: Professional MBA and Specialized Programs
Campus: St. George (downtown Toronto)
Job Field: Student Academic Experience
Job Posting: Jan 10, 2019
Job Closing: Jan 20, 2019, 11:59:00 PM