Digital Content Specialist
Digital Content Specialist
Dominican educates and prepares students to be ethical leaders and socially responsible global citizens who incorporate the Dominican values of study, reflection, community and service into their lives. The University is committed to diversity, sustainability and the integration of the liberal arts, the sciences and professional programs. Dominican University of California is an independent university offering the best of Liberal Arts combined with a rigorous professional education. Founded in 1890, Dominican enjoys an over century-long reputation for excellence in scholarship, research and community outreach. The University offers more than 60 academic programs that reflect the diversity and creativity of both the faculty and the students. With about 1,900 students and a student to faculty ratio of 10:1, Dominican is able to successfully blend the personal attention associated with smaller schools with the academic resources of a larger university.
Resume/CV and cover letter are required and must be attached in attachment section of the application process (Step 2). Refer to the posting instructions for any additional materials that may be required.
Refer to the Dominican Employment Page here for adjunct opportunities and application instructions.
Title: Digital Content Specialist
Division: Enrollment and Marketing
Reports To: Senior Director of Marketing
Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Dominican University of California is seeking an individual for a full time Digital Content Specialist position. Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing, the Digital Content Specialist's primary responsibility is to update, maintain and create digital content in alignment with the marketing strategy for the university.
- Under the direction of the senior marketing director, work collaboratively with campus stakeholders to understand and identify what messaging resonates with target audiences and then translate this into succinct digital copy.
- Assist in the planning, developing, delivery and governance of clear, relevant content that brings together business goals and user needs (e.g. text, images, graphics, video, metadata etc.)
- Port content into existing templates and review, edit and publish content through the CMS.
- Review and edit content for proper grammar, punctuation, clarity, readability, consistency, tone and voice across all web experiences.
- Contribute to SEO strategy, such as reviewing and editing content to ensure effective SEO keyword density, targeted keywords and keyword management
- Conduct QA testing and website audits.
- Contribute to campus social media strategy to increase engagement through written and visual storytelling.
- Execute web content strategies provided by the Senior Director of Marketing
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field
- Proficient in basic HTML
- 2+ years' experience using content management systems (CMS, preferably Drupal 7 or 8 )
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of AP Style
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including strong editing, grammar and proofreading skills
- Experience using Google Analytics
- Experience and interest in video editing
- Experience using SEO tools such as BrightEdge or SiteImprove
- Experience with social media platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Detail-oriented, with high standards for brand, messaging and quality
- Good sense for visual appeal, basic design and photography
- Proactive problem solving skills
Additional Position Information
- Priority will be given to applications given by February 1st, 2019; however additional applications may be considered until the position is filled
- Must be willing to consent to a background check
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a 1:10 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 16, with a small-town feeling in a park- like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment. We are committed in thought, word, and deed to recruiting and retaining a workforce that values the diversity of its student body. The University actively promotes an institutional culture that practices equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of all under-represented groups in higher education.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency