Administrative Assistant II for Major Gifts
University of La Verne
Administrative Assistant II for Major Gifts
Job Description Summary:
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning, and Community and Civic Engagement.
>>>If you're passionate about these values, join us at University of La Verne!
The Administrative Assistant II for Major Gifts performs general administrative assistant duties for the Associate Vice President for University Advancement and Campaign Director, and other members of the Development Team (i.e. Directors of Development and Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations). Working at the highest levels of professionalism, discretion, and diplomacy, the Administrative Assistant II will also understand and be able to provide when needed general administrative support to the Vice President of Advancement to ensure seamless coverage. Representative Administrative Assistant II work assignments include organizing and filing electronic and hardcopy correspondence; preparing personalized gift proposals; and managing donor information to support the planning and execution of fundraising events. Finally, the incumbent will also help plan and implement select Development and Campaign-related events (i.e., campaign steering committee meetings).
- Perform general administrative assistant duties for the Associate Vice President and other members of the Development team. Examples include filing hardcopy and electronic correspondence, maintaining an office calendar, making travel arrangements, preparing letters, etc.
- Draft more complex prospect/donor correspondence, and help create gift proposals and other philanthropic materials for donor review. Effectively communicate, written and verbally, with donors and volunteers on behalf of the university.
- Perform biographic and business research on prospective donors and prepare donor profiles for president and major gifts fundraising staff.
- Help monitor the Development budget and assist the Associate Vice President with financial transactions/forms.
- Help plan and implement events for major gifts donors that are hosted by University Advancement &/or departments of the University.
- Working at the highest levels of professionalism, discretion and diplomacy, the incumbent will also understand and be able to manage all operational aspects of the Vice President’s of Advancement Office, including coordinating schedules and work flow with other departmental assistants/ coordinators to ensure seamless coverage.
- Other University Advancement tasks as assigned by the Associate Vice President or the Vice President which will include staff support for University Advancement and Campaign events; and provide back up for the Office Manager’s duties.
- High school diploma.
- 2 years of comparable administrative experience.
- Working knowledge of the following: computer, telephone, fax, copier, Microsoft Office Suite, and Photoshop
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong writing and verbal skills
- Experience with Banner CRM
Location: La Verne Central Campus
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://laverne.edu
Located in Southern California, the University of La Verne offers a distinctive and relevant educational experience to a diverse population of students, preparing them for successful careers and a commitment to lifelong learning across the liberal arts and professional programs. The academic units of the not-for-profit university include the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Business and Public Management, the LaFetra College of Education, and the College of Law. The university offers both undergraduate and graduate programs, including degree programs tailored for working adults. The university's central campus is located 30 miles east of Los Angeles in the historic Old Town section of La Verne, a city with a population of approximately 35,000 at the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains. The university also has eight regional campuses throughout California and the College of Law campus in Ontario, California. The university is classified as a Carnegie Doctoral Institution with moderate research activity. Core values are reflected throughout all curricular and co-curricular programs, its emphasis on close professor-student interaction, personal support of its students, and its diversity.
The University of La Verne prides itself in being reflective of the diversity of Southern California. Approximately 80 percent of its nearly 8,500 students come from diverse backgrounds and the U.S. Department of Education has designated the university as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI). With 80,000 alumni, the university fulfills a critical community function in educating students from underserved populations, many of whom are the first generation in their family to attend college.
The University of La Verne is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employment or employees on any basis prohibited by state and federal law. University of La Verne hires and promotes individuals based on their qualifications and is consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, disability, medical condition a or sexual orientation
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency