Florida’s only public university exclusively teaching science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) is looking for exceptional candidates to serve as an Admissions Counselor/Recruiter.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Admissions Counselor/Recruiter is responsible for recruiting undergraduate and graduate students from high schools and colleges to enroll in programs at Florida Polytechnic University consistent with its recruitment goals and targets. This position requires the ability to travel throughout the United States, and to load and transport admissions materials, displays, and other equipment. Will have daily contact with prospective students, parents, high school counselors, University officials or agencies outside the University who call regarding application or scholarship concerns; this includes but is not limited to making presentations regarding the admission process.
· Represent the University both on- and off-campus to a prospective students, parents, secondary school counselors and other individuals or organizations involved in the college selection process. Plan and implement recruitment activities for assigned high schools, colleges, and territories, including travel to targeted schools and/or communities. Identify and maintain contact with the appropriate high school and college personnel responsible for assisting with on-site visits.
· Counsel prospective applicants on the admissions process and opportunities at the University.
· Conduct one-on-one admissions counseling to diverse populations. Review and evaluate applications and other materials submitted by applicants for the purposes of making admission decisions. Answer inquiries from parents, students, and counselors regarding the status of applications, basis for the admissions decisions, scholarship opportunities and special recruitment programs.
· Develop and implement student visit programs designed to recruit targeted prospective applicants to the University. Develop and implement minority student recruiting programs. Track students who participate in various developmental and early outreach programs that target middle school and high school students.
· Develop ongoing strategic communications with high school and independent counselors, including email, print, and other media. Develop and deliver on-campus events and programs for counseling groups and individuals.
· Engage and participate in professional development opportunities such as those offered by the National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC).
· Assist with the development of programs to recruit targeted prospective applicants to the University.
· Understands and adheres to state statutes and Florida Administrative Code regarding freshman admission to the SUS, residency requirements for tuition purposes and selective admission criteria to Florida Polytechnic University.
· Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Requires strong interpersonal and writing skills, including public speaking skills and the ability to present the University in a positive way to diverse populations.
· Knowledge of methods of compiling, organizing and analyzing data.
· Skill in word processing, spreadsheet and database software tools.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
· Ability to travel, load and transport admissions materials, displays and other equipment.
· Bachelor’s degree and one year of appropriate experience, or a high school diploma and five years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college work or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
· Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate are of specialization and two years of appropriate experience.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF LAW:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- This position requires a criminal background check.
- This position is subject to federal and state privacy regulations.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: This position is salary exempt. The normal work schedule varies according to recruiting schedule. Regular out-of-town and/or out-of-state travel is required.
TARGET HIRING SALARY: $47,476 annually
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: The position is open until filled.