Dean in the College of Law
Position : Dean in the College of Law
Department : College of Law
School : College of Science and Human Studies
Reports to : Vice Rector for Academic Affairs
The Dean of the College of Law provides leadership and vision to the College's administration, academic programs, curriculum development, and faculty and staff development. By so doing, he contributes to the University's overall planning and development. The Dean provides leadership and advocacy for strategic and budgetary planning and faculty and staff recruitment, development, and evaluation; excellence in teaching, creative activity, research, and scholarship; university and community relations; curricular and fiscal management; enrollment and marketing planning, student recruitment and retention; program review; and accreditation. The Dean is also responsible for keeping the appropriate records for program assessment and for ensuring that the college follows relevant accreditation standards.
Qualifications & Experience (Required)
- An earned Doctorate in Law or a related discipline from an accredited institution.
- The ability to speak and write fluently in English.
- A record of outstanding achievement in higher education and scholarship.
- University teaching experience complemented by an appropriate scholarly record.
- Demonstrated management experience with increasing levels of responsibility, either in a professional or academic setting, including experience in administering an organization through scheduling, supervision, and evaluation.
- Experience in the supervision and management of budgets and expenditures.
- Experience in strategic planning, academic program development, fiscal and academic planning, resource management, program development and problem solving in similar organizations.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to articulate and advocate for the needs of the College.
- Administrative experience that includes academic planning, program review, strategic planning, program development, budgeting, and fiscal/personnel management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Takes responsibility for leading the College with vision, creativity and excellence.
- Provides collaborative and collegial leadership for the College.
- Designs and implements the academic plan as it relates to the College of Law.
- Supervises the management, development, and evaluation of curriculum for the College.
- With the help of the department chairs, recruits, supervises, and evaluates full-time and adjunct department faculty and support staff.
- Promotes and fosters professional development activities related to academic leadership, classroom instruction, instructional technology, and support staff development.
- Develops and implements departmental budget and planning documents.
- Works with department chairs to coordinates student program activities.
- Ensures the vitality, currency, and academic excellence of the College’s programs.
- Collaborates with the Vice Rector for Academic Affairs, other Deans and PMU administrative officers to achieve the objectives of the University.
- Oversees the overall assessment program and for ensuring that relevant accreditation standards are followed and maintained.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Required)
The Dean of the College of Law oversees all aspects of the College’s operation and has direct supervisory responsibility for the Chairs and Associate Chairs in the relevant departments.
Remuneration and Benefits
PMU offers an income tax-free compensation package, commensurate with rank and experience, including 12-month salary, PMU accommodation, annual vacation, and annual round-trip airfare to the home country, medical insurance and end of contract benefits.
How to Apply
Application to this position require a letter of interest, curriculum vita (include a recent photo; state citizenship; and links to Google Scholar & Scopus and LinkedIn profile), unofficial copy of Ph.D. Diploma, statement of research and teaching interests and a portfolio (no more than 20 pages long) that includes representative professional work depicting evidence of research, teaching activities; a narrative of administrative and leadership philosophy including a statement of past and proposed efforts to enhance diversity as well as the names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of at least three professional references who may be contacted, with permission of the candidate, following initial evaluations by the search committee
Positions advertised on our job website and can be closed at the discretion of the department at any time. This position is open until filled. This employment site is updated on a regular basis. The length of the recruitment and screening process may vary from position to position, depending upon a variety of factors. Should review of your qualifications result in a decision to pursue your candidacy, you will be contacted by phone or email.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until positions are filled.
- Please mention the name of the source/website where you have seen this advertisement
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For submission of applications, log-on to our career site:
Note: In the event if any error occurred during the online application submission, please forward your application materials to the email IDs below and specify clearly in the email subject line the position applied for and the name of the website.
For more inquiries about this position, please contact the following: (please mention InsideHigherEd as a source of application in the email/application subject line)
PMU reserves the right to alter, amend and add responsibilities to this position in line with the institutional needs. Changes and amendments to this job description shall be within the academic framework and the general employment conditions.