Document and Records Control Manager
Requisition # 2019-9794
Department PPPL Office of the Director
Category Administrative Support
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The Princeton University Plasma Physics Laboratory, a world-leading fusion energy research center under contract with the U. S. Department of Energy (DOE), invites applications for a Manager - Document Control and Records Management (DCRM). The incumbent Manager - DCRM is responsible for providing leadership, overall coordination, and oversight of the Laboratory's implementation of its DCRM programs. The Manager will frequently engage managers and staff at all levels in the effective implementation of these programs in accordance with DOE and regulatory requirements with a focus on facilitating efficient program implementation by the Laboratory implementing organization(s). The Manager will also continuously evaluate performance and initiates timely actions to continuously improve program efficiency and effectiveness.
The incumbent Manager owns the Laboratory's DCRM programs. This includes responsibility for overall leadership; including initiatives, process development, and the effective implementation DCRM. Specific responsibilities are noted as follows:
- Develops new process(s) as needed, and improves existing processes, for an effective and efficient DCRM program at the Laboratory.
- Oversees effective implementation of DCRM program.
- Communicates DCRM requirements and processes throughout the PPPL organization.
- Defines DCRM training requirements and designs and delivers DCRM training to designated document control and records management coordinators and affected PPPL managers and staff.
- Serves as PPPL's subject matter expert responsible for maintaining its DCRM program documents and procedure(s).
- Interfaces with the Information Technology Department for the effective and efficient use of PPPL's electronic DCRM system.
- Establishes and uses key performance indicators to monitor program performance.
- Serve as an interface with external stakeholders including Princeton University and DOE officials.
- Initiates needed changes to continuously improve program efficiency and effectiveness.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business, engineering or sciences.
- Minimum 10 years of industry experience; 5 years of which must be in implementing DCRM programs at a Department of Energy (DOE) research laboratories, commercial nuclear power plant, or at other heavily regulated industry organization (e.g. a pharmaceutical company).
- Knowledge of DCRM processes and software.
- Strong leadership skills; demonstrated by initiatives, personal traits, and achievements in DCRM or other areas.
- Confidence and demonstrated skills and ability to successfully interface with multiple levels of management and staff.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated team building skills, including the ability to work effectively with peers, other organizations, project sponsors and stakeholders.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are, therefore, unable or limited in your ability to use or access this system, you can request a reasonable accommodation by calling a Human Resources team member at (609) 258-2101.
Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory job offers are contingent upon the candidate's successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. The type and extent of background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening may vary depending on the requirements and/or functions of the job and the candidate's current employment status with Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory.
Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory is a residential community and an employer that operates continuously 24 hours a day. Essential services employees perform jobs that are necessary and required to maintain basic University operations during scheduled closures or unscheduled suspension of normal operations due to emergencies, events, or other situations. Essential services employees may be asked and/or required to perform jobs or duties that fall outside of their normal job classification during an emergency event. Learn more about our Essential Services policy.
Go to Princeton University careers site.