Medical Surgical Nursing Instructor
Medical Surgical Nursing Instructor
Tracking Code: 1051-443
Position Title: Clinical Nursing Instructor - Medical Surgical
Department: Health Occupations Academic Area
Reports To: Director of Nursing Programs
Anticipated Starting Date: 8/19/2019
Starting Salary: $43,690 - $56,401
Excellent benefit package, including medical, dental, paid sick leave, and tuition benefit. For more details about benefits, go to https://www.nmc.edu/hr/ and click on Salaries and Benefits, or request a copy from the Office of Human Resources.
This position in the Nursing Department will provide instruction in nursing program courses that require clinical knowledge and expertise in Fundamentals and Medical Surgical Nursing. This person is responsible for working in conjunction with the Health Occupations Academic Area toward the development and instruction of Nursing and related Allied Health courses. This individual will prepare and deliver classes; teach as assigned in clinical area; serve as team leader; conduct assessment activities; advise students on curriculum, academic programs, employment and career goals; and support and contribute to the growth and development of the academic area. This position may also include teaching during weekend and evening hours and may include teaching online courses. The successful candidate will possess a love of teaching and knowledge of adult learning theory; enjoy working with students, be a good communicator, and team player.
All Faculty positions commensurate with degree and experience as outlined in the NMC Faculty Association Collective Bargaining Agreement.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATES and LICENSES
- Master's degree (M.S.N.) with a major in Nursing or ability to obtain a Master's degree prior to start date of this position
- Minimum of three years' clinical experience in Medical Surgical Nursing
- Teaching/training experience with clients, nurses, other health care professionals, and/or students
- Licensed as a professional Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan or ability to obtain license prior to start date
- BLS Certification or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Word processing skills and experience (i.e. Microsoft® Word)
- Computer skills, including knowledge and experience using Internet, email and calendaring software (i.e. Outlook, Gmail, etc.)
- Doctorate degree related to nursing within 5 years post provisional status
- Recent acute care Medical Surgical experience (within 5 years)
- Teaching experience in a school/college of nursing
- Leadership experience in nursing (i.e. teaching clinical courses, charge nurse, unit manager, etc.)
- Certification in Medical Surgical Nursing
- Experience in the instruction of web-based, online, and other nontraditional courses
- BLS Instructor Certification
FOUNDATIONAL COMPETENCIES: Essential for all NMC employees
- Ethical behavior and integrity
- Commitment to quality service, responsible stewardship, continuous improvement
- Agility/adaptability/tolerance for ambiguity
- Accountability/personal responsibility
- Commitment to lifelong learning
- Create/Contribute to a culture of innovation and thoughtful risk-taking
- Collaboration/Team work
- Value all people
Supervise adjunct faculty. Supervises others in accordance with NMC's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding, recognizing employees; addressing performance problems or gaps.
This is a full-time, two teaching semester position.
Applications submitted by 5:00 pm on February 6, 2019 will receive first consideration. Applications must be submitted online at http://www.nmc.edu/jobs. For assistance call 231-995-2612 or 1-800-748-0566 x52612 or email [email protected] .
Non-Discrimination Policy Notice
Northwestern Michigan College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, height, weight, marital status or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities and admissions. nmc.edu/nondiscrimination
Michigan Law requires that a person with a disability or handicap requiring accommodation for employment must notify the employer in writing within 182 days after the need is known.
All applicants are required to review the job description prior to applying. Click here to reviewJob Location Traverse City, United States Salary 43,690.00 - 56,401.00 USD Special Instructions to Applicants Please attach resume and cover letter and transcripts to your online application http://www.nmc.edu/jobs. Official transcripts will be required of all finalists. Please mail to: Northwestern Michigan College Attention: Human Resources 1701 E Front Street Traverse City, MI 49686. or e-mail to: [email protected] All finalists will be required to participate in a teaching demonstration.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency