Assistant Professor of Social Work
The Assistant Professor of Social Work is a full-time, 10-month, tenure track position in the Department of Behavioral and Social Sciences in the College of Arts and Sciences.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direction of the department chair:
- Teaches typical load of 12 semester-hours of undergraduate courses each semester in the area of Social Work in face-to-face and Hybrid formats.
- Develops and designs curriculum plans to foster student learning, stimulate class discussions, and ensures student engagement.
- Provides advisement, tutoring and academic counseling to students as needed.
- Maintains classes related records, and assesses student coursework.
- Collaborates and supports colleagues regarding research interests and co-curricular activities.
- Collaborates on periodic compliance reports for meeting CSWE accreditation requirements.
- Participates in departmental activities and campus life in such events as open house, Banks-Pierro-Ruthland-Bellamy (B-P-R-B) Colloquium, Research Day, etc.
- Actively participates in recruitment of students
- Exhibits a strong commitment to research and strengthening the programs in the department
- Serves on departmental, college, and university level committees
- Participates in community service and outreach programs on behalf of the institution
- Provides service to the university and professional organizations
- Assists students in acquiring internships and job placement
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- PhD in Social Work from an accredited institution.
- 3 years' teaching experience at the university level in traditional classroom and hybrid settings.
- Proven record of publications in refereed journals and other scholarly sources.
- Ability to obtain and manage grants from external sources.
- Ability to communicate effectively, participate in departmental and university activities, and mentor students.
- LCSW (Licensed Clinical Social Worker) professional certification
Must be able to teach in the evenings as well as during the day. Work hours may vary.
Climate controlled environment
Regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear; lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
Occasionally lift 20 pounds overhead and 40 pounds from waist to shoulder
Specific vision abilities required include close, distant color visions, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
Noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.