Academic Planning Programs Coordinator
Lafayette College seeks a programs coordinator to support its academic planning initiative. The coordinator will work with faculty leaders of six academic areas of focus to advance the academic planning initiative at the College. These six areas combine to form a set of priorities and initiatives for Lafayette College under its strategic direction to grow the student and faculty body by approximately 15% over the next 6-7 years. The programs coordinator will be integral to the effective implementation of the academic plan. This position, generously funded by the Mellon Presidential Leadership grant, will run through June 2019 with a possibility of extension.
- Coordinate calendars and schedule meetings for the different academic areas of focus, working with the appointed faculty leaders
- Schedule, coordinate, and publicize programs for the different academic areas of focus, maintaining a master programming calendar
- Maintain documentation of meetings and programs related to academic planning to assist with grant-related reporting
- Handle travel-related needs and expenses related to academic planning for faculty leaders and campus guests
- Maintain up-to-date budget information related to academic planning, tracking estimated and actual expenses
- Associate or Bachelor's degree preferred
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral, email, etc.), adept at publicity
- Ability to collaborate with a wide range of campus community members including faculty, staff, administrators, and students
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; resourcefulness; a demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize projects; ability to meet deadlines; attention to detail
- Experience in coordinating multiple schedules and event calendars
- Experience with digital tools and platforms such as Excel, Publisher, etc.
Lafayette College is committed to creating a diverse community, one that is inclusive and responsive, and is supportive of each and all of its faculty, students, and staff. All members of the College community share a responsibility for creating, maintaining, and developing a learning environment in which difference is valued, equity is sought, and inclusiveness is practiced. Lafayette College is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and minorities. Located within 70 miles of New York and Philadelphia, Lafayette College is a highly selective undergraduate institution with significant resources to support faculty members in their teaching and scholarship.
Please upload application material electronically through Interfolio at http://apply.interfolio.com/59473. This position can be full- or part-time, part-time preferred, with flexible scheduling. If the position is full-time, it is benefits-eligible. The position will run through June 30, 2019, with the possibility of extension.
Questions about this position may be directed to Jamila Bookwala, Dean of Academic Initiatives at Lafayette College at [email protected]